550 / 560 Evaluation Of Options/accessories

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by jfocallag, Jul 31, 2011.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I thought I would comment on some of the options/accessories that I chose and used on the trip home:

Air conditioner - glad we had it. Made the nights in SD and ID where the temps were 104, 98 respectively, much more comfortable. I will confirm that when it is that hot outside and the sun is beating down on the CI, the air conditioner is not much use. Once the sun goes down, it will cool the camper nicely.

Sunroof - at night, I would take the screen off and we could lie there and star gaze. Nothing better.

SUV Off Road package - last time I went to the doctor, I was measured at 5'7.25". I can't imagine not having the SUV height. I can see if you are 5'4" or less, then street height would work.

Furnace - getting the furnace was one of the decisions I struggled with. Boy am I glad we had it. In the mad rush across the country, we were usually too tired to go shopping so I did not buy any of the gear I thought I would including a small electric heater. The nights got so cold in the Tetons, that we could see our breath when we woke up. The furnace kept the CI nice and cozy. It will be great to have here in the NW.

Electric Brakes/w parking brake - there was no question that I would get the electric brakes so the only thing to decide was whether to get the parking break. Let me say, I love the parking break. It was really nice to have and not worry about chocking the wheels. After my sister left, I have been moving the camper by myself. The camper is light enough for me to move on flat surfaces and being able to put the hand break on when in position is ideal.

Side Entrance Tent - wouldn't be without it. I highly recommend making the PVC floor frame before you go to pick up your camper. I did not have time and keeping the floor anchored at some of the campsites was difficult.

Door Screens - definitely a must. Really opens up the camper.

Galley windscreens - used them once and they work as advertised.