Eureka! Northern Breeze Screenhouse

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by mcjimjam, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mcjimjam

mcjimjam Junior Ranger Donating Member

This has worked well for us, so far!

[​IMG]
    Eureka! Northern Breeze 12x12 Screenhouse

[​IMG]
    Screens

[​IMG]
    Sides down

[​IMG]
    Can pull McNugit almost all the way under, and still allow room for tables.

[​IMG]
    awning in use

2. nice...I like that.

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

This looks good - how easy is it to put up? Did you get the floor option?
    Thanks, Pat

4. mcjimjam

Pat-
    No, we did not get the floor option.
    It is lighter than an EZ-up, which makes it easier to maneuver around. It doesn't hurt to be tall (or have a small step stool) when setting it up, and it definitely helps to have two people. Also, beware of windy conditions when setting up...ours almost flew over our fence on our first attempt in our backyard on a breezy day!
    We have gotten better with practice though.

Here is a "review" from Hiker Chick, that we found on the Teardrop and Tiny Travel Trailer Forum:
    She also has photos which I can't get to post on here. I would love to see how she sets it up single handedly, maybe we could learn something new!

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/v...highlight=eureka+northern+breeze+screen+house

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:34 pm Post subject:
    I have 15 years of experience with Eureka screenrooms: the earlier Breezeway design and the Northern Breeze for the past few years. I can't say enough good about them. Love the Northern Breeze's versatility with all four walls capable of being used as awnings or rolled up. The optional snap-in floor is worthwhile, too.

It's a great value.

I rate them both five stars for ease of setting up (shock-corded 1" aluminum poles with a simple and sturdy four-way hub where the poles connect) and sturdiness (both of mine have endured horrendous thunderstorms and the Northern Breeze withstood tropical storm force winds at Big Meadows-SNP while one of my tent's poles snapped.

I guy out each corner at least two ways and three if storms are in the forecast. I can put the Northern Breeze up myself in 15 minutes, 10 minutes with help.

The noseeum netting is fragile and the nylon is not going to be as tough as the Springbar.

Bought mine at Campmor:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gea...ge=&ip_sortBy=&searchKeywords=northern+breeze

I have not used the Northern Breeze in conjunction with the teardrop galley (I don't have a kitchen in mine).

These pics were taken at Big Meadows in campsites E-187 and E-178.

www.thegidg.com
    Here is more info on it from Hiker Chick:
    http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/v...t=eureka+northern+breeze+screen+house&start=0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Thanks for the helpful information and pictures. We ordered one today. Cabella's is out of stock but Amazon had 2 so ours will be here soon. Then we will practice in the backyard before our next trip.
    Pat

6. mcjimjam

That's great, Pat! We hope it serves you well!