Eureka Northern Breeze Screen House - Like New

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by SkipnBo, Jun 2, 2017.

1. SkipnBo

SkipnBo Newbie

We're selling our Eureka Northern Breeze screen house for $240. It was purchased new in 2015 for $450 and used only twice. We're located in Denver, Colorado, but might be willing to deliver out of state depending on our travel plans.

-- Popular Northern Breeze model
    -- Like new (used only twice)
    -- No tears or holes
    -- Built-in rain curtains and awning
    -- Complete with poles, stakes, and guy lines
    -- Storage bags and instructions included

1 Front Left.JPG 2 Front Right.JPG 3 Inside.JPG 4 Instructions.JPG

2. Jack & Susan

Jack & Susan Newbie

Hi SkipnBo,

Is your NB still for sale? If so, we're definitely interested in it. Thanks.

3. SkipnBo

SkipnBo Newbie

Jack & Susan,

Sorry for the delay in responding. We lost touch with the forum during our last outing.

If you had asked us two weeks ago, we would have said yes, the Northern Breeze (NB) is still for sale. However, on this most recent trip our other screen house failed during a rainstorm, and now we’re thinking about keeping the NB because it is so sturdy. We’ll be making our decision this weekend.

Perhaps you can wait until early next week. We’ll update the post then.

4. Jack & Susan

Jack & Susan Newbie

SkipnBo,

Thanks for responding. No worries about timing -- we just sent our contract and down payment in, so we don't even have a CI yet; just thinking ahead. Anyway, we are still interested should you decide to let it go. And if not, we understand.

Hope you're recent trip was a good one, despite the rain! Look forward to hearing from you either way.

Susan

5. SkipnBo

SkipnBo Newbie

Jack & Susan,

After our last outing and a little experimenting, we’ve decided to hold on to our Northern Breeze. It does well in the rain, and we’re assuming it will hold up to the wind better than our other screen house, as it looks pretty sturdy. It also works well with the Camp-Inn. The only downside is that it tends to hold in a lot of heat when exposed to direct sunlight. You probably already know this from the reviews, and I’m guessing it won’t be a problem in your part of the country. You might even find that it’s an advantage.

If you have trouble with setup, there’s a review on Amazon that I’d recommend you look up. It includes alternative instructions for setup and takedown that I found useful. Look for a review by D. Robinson (verified purchase) dated August 30, 2014. The title is “Instructions to Make It Easy.”

I also recommend that you replace the factory tent stakes with something sturdier. We often find that we’re setting up on gravel when using the screen house with our Camp-Inn and that the stakes that are supplied don’t work well. I replaced ours with 10-inch round stakes that you can hit hard with a hammer. I have a recommendation, if you’re interested.

Good luck with your screen house purchase and welcome to the Camp-Inn community. Perhaps our paths will cross next time we’re exploring the Northwest.

Jenn likes this.
  6. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I read instructions you refer to and they sound worth trying so copied here for other folks.

From Amazon review:
    Eureka Northern Breeze Instructions
    First Time
    From the factory the Screen House in its bag is a bit of a jumble. I suggest you read through this instruction to get the terminology and then lay it out, and re-pack it as per the Take Down and Store instructions below. You will find it very frustrating to deal with a jumbled Screen House and try to follow the bagged instructions which basically don't work. For those of you that have handled sails on a yacht – the necessity of packing the Screen House with its connection points clearly available will be obvious. These instructions start with the Screen House in its bag with the four corners and hub at the top of the roll.

Erection
    1. Remove from bag keeping the four corners and hub together..

2. Unfold* and stake out the rectangle formed by the four 'pin' corners. (Note, all zippers should be closed).

3. Release one corner – that is your 'pull' corner. Its opposite corner, 'fixed', should remain in place. The other two corners are the 'arch' corners.

4. Between these two 'arch' corners, insert two pole sets into the hub with the 'arch' laying on the ground, away from the 'pull' corner.

5. Insert pins in bottom of the 'arch' poles. Fasten clips across the ridgeline and sides. Attach the corner bungie. The 'arch' is now intact but prone. It is also dimensionally stable which it would not be if the ridgeline and side clips weren't attached (a step omitted by the factory instructions).

6. Get the other two corner poles ready. Its easier if they are folded in the middle.

7. Pull on the 'pull' corner to erect the arch and re-attach the bottom loop to its stake. The Screen House should be tight across the diagonal arch but draped from the 'pull' and 'fixed' corners.

8. Insert the folded poles into the hub. While folded, reach up to attach the two top ridgeline clips.

9. Unfold the pole, inserting it into its mate and put the bottom pin in place. Complete with side clips and corner bungie.

10. Add side stakes, guys, etc as necessary.

* pay attention to the way it was folded to reverse the process when disassembling.

Take Down and Store Reverse the erection process.

1. Remove the pole sets from the 'fixed' and 'pull' corners.

2. Detach the 'pull' corner loop from its stake.

3. Lower the arch.

4. Unclip and remove both pole sets comprising the arch.

5. Detach the 'fixed' and both 'arch' corner loops on their stakes but leave the everything in place on the ground. Note the hub is near the 'fixed' corner.

6. Collect the Hub and 'pull' corner to the 'fixed' corner. You now have a roughly triangular structure – kinda like a folded paper hat.

7. Fold the 'arch' corners into the 'fixed' corner.

8. Fold all five ('fixed', 'pull', 2 x 'arch', and Hub) to the bottom of the 'hat', halving the width.

9. Roll up with the five exposed.

10. Bag with five on top, exposed, ready for next assembly.

campdude likes this.
  7. Jack & Susan

Jack & Susan Newbie

SkipnBo,

Thanks for letting us know you're hanging on to your NB; from what I've read here, I'm sure you'll be glad you did. We've been looking around and, after reading about the Eureka outlet center and hearing back from you, we'll be ordering our own NB from the center. Yes, we would be interested to know what stakes you recommend.

Thanks, too, for pointing us to the improved instructions on Amazon. (And thank you, Pat, for posting them here!) We'll definitely print them out and practice at home when the tent arrives -- one other camping-related thing to do while our 560 is being built. Ha ha.

We appreciate the welcome to the CI Community. Do let us know when you'll be in the NW next; it'd be great to meet.

Susan

8. SkipnBo

SkipnBo Newbie

Jack & Susan,

The tent stakes I like are SE 9NRC10. You can find them in packages of 10 and 20 on Amazon. I found it quite useful to tie a nylon cord to the stake to make it easy to pull out and prevent breakage. (I think I learned this from an Amazon review.) Start with about 20” of cord and tie it to the stake using a constrictor knot. Route the two ends through the hole in the green stopper and form a loop for pulling. I haven’t broken a stake yet. A ball-peen hammer works great for pulling and driving.

P1160121_50%.jpg P1160122_50%.jpg

Tom & Diana P likes this.
  9. Jack & Susan

Jack & Susan Newbie

SkipnBo,

Thanks. This looks like a great way to go; I'm sure we'll follow your lead!

Susan