Not Planned Drop "unofficial" From Forum Name

Discussion in 'Improvements & Suggestions' started by AnnaSteve, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

We just got smart phones and noticed there is not an app for the Unofficial Camp Inn Forum.Evan is that something that can be done.Also how about a name change remove unofficial and have just The Camp Inn Forum. :)

2. Jaime

Jaime Newbie

There is always tapatalk. I'm not sure what Evan would need to do to activate it to work with the forum but it's worth looking into.

I second the motion to make it the camp-inn forum.

Jaime

3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Anna & Steve,

Developing a full-blown custom app for the forum would require a significant financial investment, and probably is not in the cards at this point.

Short of that, there are a few possible alternatives:

Any mobile device with a modern web browser can access the Camp-Inn forum, but for extra convenience you can also create a bookmark on your device that acts like an app-style icon. This is basically just a short-cut - click it, and the forum loads in your browser.

Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Tapatalk support is currently in the works for Ubbthreads (the software that runs our forum), but it may be a while before the upgrade is released.

Regarding the 'Unofficial' moniker:
    When I obtained Camp-Inn's permission to use their name this was the only condition. Being unofficial may actually provide legitimacy to the many glowing testimonials found here, as this site is not run by Camp-Inn but by happy customers.

We have no plans of becoming 'Official', but dropping the word altogether and being simply "The Camp-Inn Forum" would be up to the great folks at Camp-Inn.

Cheers!

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Evan&Lena thanks for all the information. :)

5. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I like "Unofficial". To me, states run by customers owners, our gathering spot.

Jean

6. David Olson

David Olson Novice

I vote to keep "unofficial"

7. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

It doesn't matter what it's called - when you do a Google search using 'official', 'unofficial', or just 'camp inn' forum, they all take you to THIS site!