Don't be distracted when opening the Galley

Discussion in 'Camper's Confessional' started by pat walsh, Jul 6, 2011.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We were getting ready to travel and I was going to do a last check on the Galley. Had the Galley opened partially I was startled by call for help from someone else - turned to see what the problem was and lost my control of the hood. The result was a pretty colorful arm and a muscle bruise that after 3 weeks is still 3" by 2" and a 1/2" high. I was thankful I did not break a bone and I was reminded that multi-tasking is never a good idea for me.

2. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Oh my! That is not good! I'm glad it wasn't anything worse, although what happened was bad enough.

Whether it's a manufactured or homebuilt teardrop, you can still have some nasty injuries...We have a couple of friends who have had some serious injuries with their homebuilts. One had the hatch fall & hit her in the head...knocked her out, got a concussion. She was by herself when it happened...luckily, everything turned out okay. The other one had the trailer fall on him & crushed his leg...very long recovery on that one.

Glad to hear you are on the mend...you can now join Evan in the "Teardrop Injury Club." ;)

Hope you continue to heal well.

:cool:

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Betsy,
    thanks. I figure at 71 and my arm not breaking I have passed my bone density test with flying colors. It hasn't been really painful just wild colors and tender from wrist to elbow.
    Pat

4. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Pat, I am glad you are well. I hope the healing progresses well.
    Steve

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

I bet that did hurt. That hatch is not light. Glad you are mending.

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Glad to hear you are ok. Steve :)