Tables Dometic And Side Table Storage

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by ajs777, Dec 11, 2011.

1. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Does the side table store the same way on top of a Dometic refrigerator as it does on top of a Coleman cooler? All the pictures I've seen of the stored table have been on a Coleman. We already have a Dometic, so we won't have the benefit of seeing how it all goes together when it's delivered. Any issues?

2. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Hi Jenn,

Good to hear it all fits together... yes we did get the hockey stick. I think I read about it on one of your other posts, so we had Cary add it to the list.

We're getting really excited, tentative completion is around Christmas... going crazy waiting for this week's picture update.

3. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

So Jenn. What temp do you set on your Dometic? Are you just keeping food cold or do you use it for freezing?

4. ajs777

ajs777 Novice

Hi Jenn,

We enjoyed meeting you too and hope to see you on our travels. You've been a big help in a lot of the planning we're doing for our first adventure. We follow your posts religiously.

I have a 12x24 shed that I'm cleaning up and rearranging to store it in, I'm just hoping I can jockey it through the 6' opening.

Michelle keeps throwing names out there, but I'm not real big on the whole name thing. We'll see if something strikes our fancy after we use it a few times.

Initially we're just planing on doing a couple over nights to get used to everything. We're lucky, we have three or four year round campgrounds within 15 minutes of our house. Once we figure things out and the weather warms up a little we'll probably hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. Although south is always an option to get warm. The one thing for sure that we're planning on is next years Camp-in Camp-Out. I think the TearJerkers have their 2012 East Coast gathering here in Virginia, so that will be on our list too.

5. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Jenn,

So if you have a craving for ice, what do you do? Purchase, make your own? talk yourself out of the need?

Jean

6. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Darn and I thought you were going to answer that if you wanted Ice you would drive further north ;)

7. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Dang, Gary....

You beat me to It!

Sue

8. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

I did a bit of testing a week or so ago on the Dometic that I got from Camping World on their great sale.

Room temp 70
    Temp set to 34 degrees
    Standby - Draws .123amps on AC. That would translate to ~ 1.23 amps on DC
    Compressor running - Draw .53 amps AC so ~ 5.3 amps DC but it doesn't run constantly once the temp is met
    After letting it stabilize for awhile the temps were:
    Bottom - 26
    Mid point - 36
    Near the top - 40
    Tray at the back - 53

Tested again at a setting of 10 degrees
    Sensor reading 11
    Bottom - 5
    Mid - 11
    Top - 11
    Tray - 33

Dometic manual says 6 amp draw at 12V so this is pretty close, just a bit more efficient.

9. Trippster

Trippster Novice

When running temperature checks, I would suggest add small bottles water to the interior then take temps over time.
    Just my two cents.
    Thanks for the info!
    Ken in Louisville

10. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Ken, thought the same thing so had a couple of open bowls of water in the bottom. Was curious to see how long it took to freeze. Actually the temp drop were brety quick, generally stabilized lin less than an hour.

11. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Gary,

That is matching alot of what other customers say too. One of the cool things about the fridge is you can use it as a freezer and a fridge at the same time. By keeping the temperature set just above freezing frozen stuff can be set at the bottom and will stay frozen and everything else stays above freezing. Anything at all you are worried about being froze just set in the upper tray area.

Because the evaporator coil goes completely around the main compartment it really gets the bottom the area cold.

Cary

12. Mattster

Mattster Newbie

Hockey stick is not required if you have the Dometic (Waaco) cooler cozy. Matter of fact, won't even fir when using the cozy