Dometic 12v Power Cord

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by rmbrowder, Dec 7, 2022.

1. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

I have come across a solution, provided by Dometic, to the problem of the 12v power coming loose due to vibration. Dometic makes a convertible cord and receptacle that changes from a cigarette plug to a two prong plug. I installed a duel 12v outlet, in place of the standard outlet. The power cord now firmly connects to the CW.

Attached Files:

Kevin and dustinp like this.
  2. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Nice!

3. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Looks like you had to do a bit of a mod to the CI galley cabinet to add that. It can be kinda tight in there..was that a problem?

4. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

The receptacle comes as a flush mount. I looked for a spot to put it but decided to replace the existing 12v outlet in the galley. The face plate for the Dometic is too wide for the cabinet. Also, the cabinet services panel has a cover inside the cabinet. So yes, it was a tight fit, which is why I made a face plate and just a slight adjustment to the protective cover inside. I could have installed just the 2prong receptacle but I wanted to keep the 12v cigarette receptacle. In ten more years I expect my CI to collapse from my mods, not “pristine” but fun.

5. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Those photos are way too small for my eyes. Any chance you have larger ones?

6. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Well done!

7. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

Attached Files:

Kevin and JohnC like this.
  8. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Awesome! Mr Magoo thanks you. :)