Dimmable Goose-neck Usb Lamp And Clamp For The Cabin

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Steve and Karen, Dec 4, 2023.

1. There was no place to clamp a reading lamp for the cabin, so I made one:

View attachment upload_2023-12-4_15-36-1.jpeg

View attachment upload_2023-12-4_15-36-12.jpeg

Pretty basic. If we like it, I'll use some nicer woods and improve upon the rather pedestrian design. The cabins lights aren't the greatest for trying to read. Especially if one wants to stay up while the other wants to sleep.

The lamp has good reach for both sides, is dimmable and stows completely out of the way:

View attachment upload_2023-12-4_15-37-50.jpeg

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B2JTGD15?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I was hoping the clamp could work in a vertical position (on the frame between the windows) but no go.

Van_and_Terri and Kevin like this.
  2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

This was my solution for more lighting. It’s a solar puck, and rechargeable by USB also. Just string them around the handicap bars and the puck rests on the front shelf behind the sofa. The puck separates in the middle and the string of lights wind around inside of it for storage.

Attached Files:

Jenn, Cary Winch and Kevin like this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

I thought about adding the assistive gear; seeing how it looks in the wild, I may need to call up our friends and get it retrofitted. Thanks to keto, my joints don't give me any problems so I don't need them for adaptive purposes, but they would give some more hanging storage and future-proof for some time (hopefully long from now) when I DO need the assistive devices. They also just look kind of cool, carrying the nautical theme forward.

Your lighting solution brightens the space wonderfully! I've considered finding a flexible LED strip to affix in key places like under the footwell, above the windows (just above the curtains), and in the galley to improve the general lighting. Especially in the galley.

With the hatch open, it shines out into the campsite, but the stovetop is a little bit dark. While at it, I'd certainly put them in the right-hand side cabinet too. I'd probably just put light strips on the front of the ribs...you wouldn't see them when powered -- but I don't want to drill or have exposed wiring....That's been the show-stopper for me.

This really isn't a huge thing. We spend 95% of our time outside or, watching movies on a laptop in bed. I bought the Campinn, in large part, to force me outside while still having an inside cocoon for occasional lousy weather --- and it does meet that mission perfectly.

Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.