Death Valley 2016

Discussion in 'Adventures & Excursions' started by rotus8, Mar 21, 2016.

1. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

We have just returned from a short stay at Death Valley. I thought I would share a few pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Old_Prospector

Old_Prospector Junior Ranger

Thanks for the preview. I'm thinking about heading over that way next week. It would be brutal to go in May through September.

3. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

We have a campsite at Furnace Creek this weekend. I'm wondering if there are any flowers left, probably just at the higher elevations.

4. rotus8

rotus8 Ranger Donating Member

Flowers should still be great this weekend (Happy Easter!). When we were there at the beginning of the week it was very nice, but there were definitely some things that had not opened yet. The Opuntia beaver tail should be quite spectacular. Also on your way into the valley there will probably be Joshua trees in bloom, worth a look.

Without a reservation you will be quite limited in where you can camp. What will be available will be basically gravel parking lot. If you are adventurous, there are a number of boondocking places you can camp, but you must go quite a distance and over gravel roads to get to them, no water, no tables, no toilet, no nothing but a beautiful place.

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

That boondocking sounds perfect!