Curtins

Discussion in 'Custom Additions' started by Jenn, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

My teardrop (#452) is on its 3rd set of curtains. The first set eventually became separated from the plastic runner that attached to the rails at the top and bottom of the curtin. I tried different fixes but eventually got new curtains from Campinn. Same with the second set and got moldy on the window side. Then it was suggested that I take off the bottom rail. This reduced the pull stress. These eventually just looked worn out so I got a 3rd set. (Thank you Cary for digging through the bin for an older set. The earlier ones were darker.)

Now with the bottom rail gone I learned how to roll the curtin up and clip or pull up to the side. I use a light weight claw hair clip. The curtin is rarely slid back and forth on that top rail. See pics.

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Great tip, and timely, thanks!
    ...I may need a replacement set on my 2010, and prefer the rollup vs slide over technique, so I dont rip things in my ham handedness...;)

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Nice solution. I think I have a few of those in my kit :) I want to find the rails and clips CI uses. Some time in the future, I want to make curtains that are slightly larger (just 2-3 inches to fully cover the openings...and may be add a light proof liner.

I used to wakt up at 6:30 --- but have been semi-retired for a couple months, then working in a job that I start work at 11 most days....so I can sleep in, except for light leaks.

Kevin and Jenn like this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

What a great idea!

Jenn likes this.
  5. Jenn

Jenn Ranger

To darken the door windows I got a 2 pack of black, standard size pillow cases and just clip them to the top of the curtin with the claw clips st night. Then unclip and tuck away when I don't need them. I don't know what you would do on a 560 front windows.

Kevin likes this.
  6. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Curtains or not, some mornings I wake up grumpy.

Other mornings, I let her sleep.

7. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Ba-dum-bump

Kevin likes this.