Mattress Current Replacement 550 Matress Replacement Options?

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Jerry Kemp, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Jerry Kemp

Jerry Kemp Junior Ranger

I've had my 2014 550 since March, and we've taken it out for several one night and also weekend stays.

We've just came back from a (7) day trip up in the mountains, taking our 550 as our sleeping arrangements. It's been our longest trip, and honestly, neither me nor my wife were happy due to the mattress. Its lumpy is the best description.

I can't imagine I'm the only one who's wore out the OEM mattress. And to get to the heart of my question, I'm fishing for recommended replacements. I also searched the (recent) forum archives and came up with these. One is an air mattress thread, which I have to admit, I had not considered.

Folding Bed Mattress Upgrade?

Air Mattress Option

Your comments are appreciated.

2. Jerry Kemp

Jerry Kemp Junior Ranger

Thank you for the reply Jenn.

We've been hitting up Amazon since our return home, and honestly its an overwhelming option thing.

I figure between hitting up the archives + this question, hope to get some good options then narrow things down from there.

Thanks for the tri-fold comment also. Our 550 is stored outdoors, and we keep the mattress inside when not in use. No reason to have it get cooked by the hot Texas summers.

3. Jerry Kemp

Jerry Kemp Junior Ranger

Thanks again Jenn - I will check that Millard mattress out.

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Froli!

Jerry Kemp likes this.
  5. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

Here's what we have: Froli, original mattress, 3" Queen-size memory foam topper, quilted waterproof mattress pad. This set up is every bit as comfortable as our bed at home.

Kevin and Jerry Kemp like this.
  6. Jerry Kemp

Jerry Kemp Junior Ranger

Wow ....... and you use all that stuff at once? Do your feet fit up under the galley still?

its tight already at the foot end.

7. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

We don't sleep with our feet under the shortest part of the galley (we're short), but we have no problems with our feet fitting. We didn't get the tallest froli system; we got the mid-height range.

8. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Plenty of foot room with the Froli Star system only and I don’t find the need for a pad.

9. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

We got a queen sized mattress from IKEA And also have the Froli. It is very comfortable but when we get back from an upcoming trip, I’m going to get a trifold. It’s a bear sliding this one up to put sheets on.

10. AdamFWTX

AdamFWTX Newbie

I have the Milliard tri-fold mattress from Amazon. Overall I'm happy with it, but my hip gets uncomfortable when laying on my side. Laying flat on my back is heaven though, almost feels like I'm weightless. I think adding the Froli under it, or a 1" topper would help that....also I could stand to lose a few pounds! I can't imagine trying to get a non-folding mattress in and out. Tri-fold is the way to go.

11. LisaNKevin

LisaNKevin Junior Ranger Donating Member

It takes my husband and me pulling together. And some choice words.

Kevin, Jenn and Jerry Kemp like this.