Fridge / Cooler Cooler Freezer

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by pat walsh, Jul 14, 2010.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

I am wondering if those of you who have the cooler/freezer - where you keep it. In the tow, outside or in galley?

We have a bit of difficulty lifting a full cooler with ice, etc and are considering geting the cooler/freezer and keeping it in the our dodge grand caravan so we do not have to lift it. Is that reasonable?

2. bcannizzo

bcannizzo Novice

Pat,
    Ours fits where the cooler does in the galley. When cooking, we move it unto the side table... it is heavy and a little difficult. But we like not having to deal with the ice.

3. DonSue

DonSue Novice

Pat,

We are pretty serious about our food when we are camping in our 550 and the refrigerator we bought from Camp Inn was an essential accessory for us. The brand name is Dometic. It has worked very well during our first half-dozen excursions.

We have been plugging it in in our kitchen a day or so before we depart and packing it there, then moving it to the galley (and 12V power) before we depart.

I might point out that those nice-looking handles that you see in the picture on the Camp Inn website must be taken off to fit the unit into the galley cooler space. There is still a narrow indentation in the side of the unit for carrying but I would not want to carry a full fridge any distance. I think we might start packing it while it is in place in the galley in the future.

The amount of space inside is about what there is in a cooler once you put in all the ice and it is so nice not to have to deal with bags of ice and the resulting melt water.

While camping we move it out to the side table, as <bcannizzo> described, and usually switch to 120V power if we are plugged in. We have used it over a three-night say without being plugged in to shore power.

As I said, an absolutely essential accessory for us and we are quite happy so far with the Dometic we bought from Camp Inn.

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Don and Sue,
    thanks for the good description it is very helpful.

5. Travelguy

Travelguy Novice

Pat

As an after-thought get the cover accessorie that can be ordered thu the sitehttp://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/COOLER-WARMERS.htm . They are 40 dollars and well worth the cost. They add insulation and protection from the elements. Kept the contents cool and required less power consumption.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Nice find Todd! I will have to contact our supplier to see if they can get those for us too. That would be a good accessory.

Cary

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Hey, I can't find it on their page. Can you tell me where to look?

8. Hilditch

Hilditch Novice

I couldn't find it either. Bottom middle, page two.

Hilditch

9. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

WAECO PROTECTIVE COVERS

FOR THE WAECO CDF-40, CF-18, CF-25, CF-35, CF-40, CF-50, CF-80 AND CF-110

Left column, section regrig/freezer
    go to bottom of page, left picture

When I found this earlier in the day, the item was in a different spot.

Jean

10. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

We now have these covers too. Found a alternate source for them and they fit really nice. Here is the link to the page on our online store showing them:http://tinycamper.com/store2.htm#

Cary

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  11. RollingRob

RollingRob Junior Ranger

Hi Cary! Wondering if anyone has been able to find an insulating blanket for Norcold?