Coleman Hot Water on Demand

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Evan, May 6, 2013.

1. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

I just had a great experience with Coleman customer support!

My water heater broke just after the warranty period expired.
    I called 316.832.2653 and asked for Ron Coleman (not related to Mr. Coleman). They are not allowed to transfer directly to Ron, so I had to leave a message. He called back a few minutes later. Although my unit was out of warranty, Ron offered to extend the warranty and send me out a brand new unit. All I had to do was take a photo of my old one and email it to him.

I was not expecting this at all! In fact, I figured I would have to buy a new unit, because none of the Coleman service centers will work on the hot water heaters, and the knob can't be replaced by a human. (seriously).

So, FWIW, Coleman has done well by me, and I don't mind letting everybody else know. If you have any trouble - call that number and ask for Ron.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

That's good to know.

I just had a similar experience with Otterbox, maker of all kinds of waterproof containers. I have a cell phone case/holster that was out of warranty. I had to take a few pics and email them to prove I had the product and they are sending a new one.

I think this customer service makes good business sense, too, as they will get my business in the future, as well as my referrals.

3. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

It does make good business sense - especially now, when any customer may just happen to have a blog or forum with uber-followers. :)

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

You are so right, Evan, good point!!

5. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Sigg water bottles has good customer service once you get the right department! I had to call a couple different numbers but got there in the end.