Closures

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Warren Mary Ellen, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Thanks. I was planning a three week trip starting April 8th but I am canceling it. I just got back from a two night trip.

2. This weekend is supposed to be our first trip of the season, but we are not going to go. It is not so much the campground that we are avoiding. This place only has 10 sites and 15 tent only sites. We take the dogs with us, but we have cats too. We have a house sitter come stay at the house with our cats or at least she comes by and feeds them. Right now, we just don't want anyone at our house. I have elderly parents and my father's health is really fragile, so we can't take any unnecessary chances.

We have reservations the first week of April and that campground is closer to the house. If things are still open, we may go because we could drive back to the house to take care of the cats. Actually, we are going to camp this weekend, but it will be in the backyard.

Stay tuned for a review of our weekend backyard camping experience.:)

Jenn and Tour 931 like this.
  3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

FWIW, all IL state parks are closed.

Warren Mary Ellen likes this.
  4. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

I am camping in the backyard, too!

My 3 campground reservation through April at Florida State Parks were cancelled and refunded. Had friends who went to a private, 800+ acres campground yesterday. I opted out for obvious reasons. Those at Florida State Parks had to vacate today. So many living in their campers, where are they going to go?
    Counting my blessings.

5. Safe travels.

Jenn likes this.
  6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I camp in my backyard in my old trailer all the time.

Attached Files:

dustinp likes this.
  7. rgupnorth

rgupnorth Junior Ranger Donating Member

I remember seeing your trailer.