Need Help Charger Is Not Charging. I Need A New Battery Charger For A 2005 Raindrop'

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Bob153, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Bob153

Bob153 Newbie

Bob153
    Battery charger is not charging. Can anyone suggest one for a 2005 Raindrop 560 Ultra? Also I took this on a camping trip, and the AGM battery would not charge from the engine connect. Can anyone help?

2. Henry

Henry Novice

If the battery is not charging from either shore power or the TV, then I would not be to quick to blame the battery charger. Does your 560 have the battery isolator option? If so, the electrical schematic shows a 50A breaker between the charger/TV power and the battery. I would check that first to see if it is thrown.

Also check that the GFI outlet is not tripped - I believe this feeds the charger. there is a charging troubleshooting flowchart in the manual that would be good to go through.

What is the current voltage of the battery? Your battery may be bad as well and I would confirm that before replacing the charger. If you do need a replacement charger, then Camp-Inn sells them.

Sweeney likes this.
  3. Bob153

Bob153 Newbie

Henry
    The battery is new. It's not the problem. I will take the charger out and have it tested. Also the battery does not seem to
    hold It's charge too well, a feedback problem. Any suggestions would be help full.
    Bob153

4. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

5. SethB

SethB Ranger

A new battery that doesn’t hold charge is either defective (unlikely but possible) or more likely is installed in a system with a constant load or short. This will kill a battery in short order, and may have done in your previous battery.

I had the unhappy experience of chasing down two shorts in our trailer, discovered when I installed a new battery & charger and was doing some electrical testing and discovered that the positive post showed a short to ground.

One was where an incorrect crimping technique had pierced the insulation and allowed water/corrosion to form on the “waterproof” splices on the trailer tongue. It would short to the frame when wet. Solution: new crimped waterproof splices, correctly heat-shrinked.

The other was where the original charger had been removed from between the tanks (older CI mounting location), and the charge wires just clipped. The positive wire shorted to ground. Solution: trace and remove the offending lead from the positive electrical post.

6. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

I had a battery that was less than a year old that wouldn't hold a charge anymore a couple years ago, the manufacturer just required that I take it to a place with a computerized load tester (my local O'Reilly Auto Parts does this at no charge) to have it checked and have a print out of the test results that you can take a picture of and send them, then they sent me a new one without requiring the old one to be returned.
    I did find out that the charger had failed though as well, and replaced it with a CTEK charger.

Kevin likes this.