Need Help Can't Stay Logged In?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by JohnC, Nov 19, 2020.

1. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

It seems as though I get logged off the website during the day similar to how your financial institutions do but not nearly as quickly. I always click the box that says "keep me logged in", but somehow it doesn't. Is there another box I'm not checking somewhere?

Thanks!

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I don't think you're missing anything. My guess is that it's got something to do with your browser settings somewhere...

3. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Can't see that being the issue. My browser keeps me logged in to everything other than sites like banks and medical where the institutions intentionally log you out for inactivity after a few minutes.

In the big scheme of things I guess it really doesn't matter.

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I think you're right. I personally leave myself signed in, and haven't had an issue with getting bumped.
    Maybe others experiences can be of more help here...?

5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

I've noticed the same thing, and have thought that it was just something that the website had set to happen after a certain amount of time of inactivity, but it doesn't happen if I am actively reading and changing forum pages. It only happens if I leave that window page alone for awhile, and am either away from the computer or on a different window page for awhile, then come back and find I've been logged out. It isn't a big deal to me since just a couple clicks and I'm logged back in.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  6. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

That's kind of how mine acts too Dustin. Inactivity over some period of time seems to be the culprit. I guess it's good to know I don't have a unique problem myself. :)

7. Henry

Henry Novice

Out of curiosity - what operating system and browser are you using.

8. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

WIN 10. Firefox, whatever is current version.

9. Henry

Henry Novice

I am on Win 10 and Brave browser with no problems staying logged in on 2 computers. Maybe delete browser cache and cookies?

10. Henry

Henry Novice

11. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I agree with Henry. When I experienced the same thing, I just deleted everything and no further problems thereafter staying logged in.

12. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Na, deleting cookies messes up all the sites with default logins. I'll live with it. :)

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  13. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

14. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

I'm having the same issue. Started yesterday, May 13. If I go to another site for even 20 seconds, I have to log in again.
    Macbook Air, Safari.
    Prior, I could stay logged in for weeks.

15. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I’ve had this experience in the past. It was fixed by clearing my cashe (history). The new Florida State Park reservation system will spin and spin if your cashe is full also.

Lipster likes this.
  16. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger