Canoecopia Camp-inn Sighting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dean Pinter, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Novice

Just got back from Canoecopia paddlesport expo in Madison, WI and was surprised to see Craig and Cary there with the newest Camp-Inn models. They had their own booth. It was good to see them and talk for a few minutes. They had two new stripped down models just out on the market. Quite different from the ones we're used to seeing. Built with the same solid design but lighter and simpler in the layout. The best thing is that it's a Camp-Inn and that means it comes with Craig and Cary(not actually included) and the first rate customer service we have all come to know and appreciate.

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

The Road Toad: https://roadtoadcampers.com/ At cico last year, for the factory tour, I saw them then. And honestly if it had existed 5 yrs ago when I started my tiny trailer search, I wonder if that would have been what I bought instead of a 550. At the time, my needs list would have been met with the roadtoad!

One thing to note is they’ve been road testing it for 3? Or was it 4 years. Anyone looking at them as a fit for their needs can be really confident in tested quality, IMO. I hope we start getting RoadToad enthusiasts on this forum. That would be cool to have!

3. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Glad you got a chance to see them! Just want to clarify...Road Toads are NOT Camp-Inns. They are two separate companies, with two different visions/focuses, made for separate markets, but both made by Petenwell Industries, LLC.

4. Dean Pinter

Dean Pinter Novice

They still come with Craig and Cary though, and that's the important part!

Cary Winch and Betsey like this.
  5. fernlane

fernlane Junior Ranger

interesting that they offer the fantastic fan as an option but I see no mention of a charging/electrical system. What I'd really like to have is my 550 built with these materials ...

6. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

From the Road Toad Option page - Fantastic Fan: "The Option also adds a battery box and pre-run wiring. You must supply your own 12v battery and charger or solar panel."

7. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

Looking good but not as good as my ;)550