Need Help Campinnforum.com Not Secure, Flash Block And No Upload Possible

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Steve and Karen, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Anyone else getting a "Not Secure" warning in their address bar for this site? It will let me log in and view content, but not upload a post. It also shows that Flash Plugin is being blocked, despite my best and multiple efforts to unblock it, in case that was the root of the uploading issue. I see that there have been numerous posts since it went on dead on me, so I know its not cross-the-board problem. However, a Not Secure warning usually lies with the website and not the end-user.

If you're seeing this then great; it's a partial problem, and is related solely to my last post in Trip Planning that I'm trying to update.

Steve

2. Well... this posted. But I can't update my thread in Trip Planning or start a new thread there. If it helps anyone dissect what's going on, this Tech Support page is showing all the insecure warnings and blocks that the other one was, but allowed this post to go up. I'm baffled.

Thanks

Steve

3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I can’t add a picture inline and am having problems with several websites after my phone was updated.

4. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I have always had the "Not Secure" warning as indicated by the image of a padlock with a slash through it in the web address box.

Jerry Kemp likes this.
  5. Gypsy

Gypsy Junior Ranger Donating Member

Is this site a HTTP site vs HTTPS? HTTPS is considered secure. My ipad shows "Not Secure".

6. Gypsy: That would be the intel that I have re: HTTP vs HTTPS, and that that all lies with the site administrator and developer, not the end-user. All my devices seem to be incapable of posting a reply on Trip Planning , yet this one (Tech Support) seems to allow it. I can't find any toggles or buttons that I have may have clicked inadvertently.

Of course, there is the possibility I went over my 'word limit' for the post and it shut me out on that basis.

Not that I have any personal info registered on the site or my account that I deem sensitive or susceptible to abuse (some forum users list far more than I do)... but I am wondering why the site can't be made "Secure" with the padlock in the address bar, like so many others.

Steve

7. BTW: I haven't attempted posting recently anywhere other than in Trip Planning and this tech forum... for obvious reasons. If there's a difference between the two pages in how they are structured or designed, that would be a starting point to solving my problem, and possibly others.

Perhaps Evan can chime in .

8. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

For some reason I’m not having any problems here or elsewhere in the last day.

9. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I’m no IT expert, but I believe the latest Apple Update added more Security measures. I changed mine back in Settings and all is well. I don’t remember exactly what I did.