Bumper Camper Bumper Saved The Day!

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by eileenpaine, Feb 7, 2014.

1. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Just saying -if you don't have a camper bumper, get one!!!
    Ordering a trailer -GET ONE!!

WE were headed up the southern California Coast and in 6 lanes of traffic that had stopped. We stopped, but the guy behind us had "his foot slip".
    The bumper is bent, but it absorbed most of the impact. It kept the car from coming in through the rear of the trailer. Also the hitch was bent. On Tues we get it all thoroughly checked out. We were able to continue our trip, a bit shook up, but OK.
    Cary has been help and a wonderful resource! Can't beat Camp-Inn for service!
    Eileen

2. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Amen about Cary and our family at CI. They're always there for us. Thank you indeed.

Yep, the bumper is a must. That was one of the fist things Jim really, really wanted once we chose the 550. Haven't had need of it yet (cross your fingers, please) but to be rear-ended without one is nothing something to contemplate with an easy mind. Glad you had yours and all is okay.

Sue

3. Pick

Pick Novice

I was trying to hold off on the bumper for cost reasons but you guys are probably right. Rear end seems pretty vunerable without one.
    MDP
    Mike & Denita

4. slumry

slumry Novice

With the bumper you are not just buying protection you are buying a piece of art.

5. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

MDP,
    We initially ordered the camper without the bumper -trying to keep costs reasonable. We were talked into it by Skip Eastman, at the Lake Perris gathering, mainly for looks. I hate to think where we would be without it! Even if insurance covers everything -if you are on camping trip, do you really want to have to abandon the trip it because your didn't buy a $450 bumper? Rear ends are one of those things you usually have no control over.
    I need to post pictures of the damage o the hitch and the minimal dent in the trailer, so you can all see how great the bumper is!!

6. tjcrebs

tjcrebs Novice Donating Member

Ah, you gals & guys are so persuasive.

On the way back from Staten Island, we're now planning to return to the "Necedah Nest" to get a bumper installed on Anna&Steve's HAPENEST. Apparently Steve was pretty sure we would add the bumper after he read Eileen's post.

Yup, but it was the "piece of art" ditty (thanx Slumry) which nailed it.

Regards, T

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

When it comes to the small price items like the bumpers…..you feel the pain once when you buy it….then never again. When you realize you SHOULD have bought it, it’s too late.

one lesson life has taught be…buy quality….once.

8. Jerry Kemp

Jerry Kemp Junior Ranger

YMMV, but there's nothing free in this life, anything worth anything has a cost.

Attached Files:

9. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

It definately my experience that free ...rarely is.

Jerry Kemp likes this.
  10. gregangsten

gregangsten Junior Ranger

And besides all that, it gives you something to stand on to wash the top and somewhere to hang a trash bag.

Sweeney and Ken & Peggy like this.
  11. Dmitry

Dmitry Novice

I know ir's an old thread, but how did the insurance companies (yours and the driver's who collided with your trailer) handle this?