Camp Inn Weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfocallag, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

1. When I am getting ready for a trip, I have my camper parked on the street outside my house. On Wednesday, a UPS truck stopped while I was packing the galley and the driver asked me if the camper was a Camp Inn. As I smiled with surprise, I said that yes it was. Turns out that his parents own a 560 and live not far from where I do. I told him to say 'hi' to his parents for me.

2. As I am driving down 101 on my way to South Beach State Park, I see a 550 attached to a sports car parked on the street in front of a restaurant. I did not meet the owners but I believe it was a guy named Luke Roth. He posts over on Facebook on the Camp Inn page. I believe he sometimes tows with a 2004 Thunderbird.

3. On Friday, I was sitting in my campsite watching all of the arrivals when I spied a truck pulling a 560 drive by. The next day, I walked around the camp ground to find them so I could say 'hi'. Guess who they were? That's right, they were the UPS guy's parents. They have had their camper for about two years. I am really bad with names but I believe it was Ronald McCrory and his wife. He said that he is sometimes on the forum. I told him about the NW Camp Inn Round Up. He said that he will check the board for next year's event.

I hope this doesn't mean that Camp Inn trailers are becoming commonplace... ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Uh-oh, might be time to unload ours, the market's getting saturated! ;)

Wow, 3 CampInn encounters in as many days, what are the chances of that happening??

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Good thing we weren't on the road! You might have bumped into us too! :)

We actually went out and looked at the McCrory's 560 before we bought ours, so we knew they were out there. Somewhere!

I had a guy ask me last week if mine was a Camp-Inn at Silver Falls. He was from Chicago, and had come cross country on his Harley to visit his son, who lives out here. Most folks don't know the brand, so I was surprised by that. He was really interested in tears. Maybe we will see him on here one day!

4. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Joan,

That is awesome! Yes, the McCrorys live pretty close to you. Practically neighbors. And yes, Luke tends to be spotted from time to time. I get a good number of Luke sighting reports. Luke is down in Eugene.

Oregon is one of the "big" states for us in the number of customers. I show 19 unit in Oregon right now on my customer list. With more to come.

Cary

5. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Cary,
    Keep sendin' them my way and we'll have Texas Camp-Inn populated too! Took ours out this weekend to my brothers farm - they have a 5th wheel they live in, so it was BYOB (Bring your own Bed!) Stopping for gas we got the requesite lookers and had to show it off of course - even though the station has just ran out of gas and we had to go down the street! People are still fascinated by them, so I think we have a ways to go before it's "oversaturated!"

6. Kelly

Kelly Novice

I haven't experienced a Camp-Inn sighting during my travels in Canada yet. But I did spot an Alto while I was at Elk Island National Park on the weekend. These teardrops are made in Quebec by Safari Condo. This was actually a teardrop that I had considered prior to ultimately choosing the Raindrop. Admittedly, the Alto's are neat trailers - one push of a button and the roof raises to a standie with everything that your conventional holiday trailer offers (kitchen, bathroom, etc.). Although I really think the concept is pretty cool, in the end I was leary of how reliable the hydrolic lift/closure system would be and decided on the Camp-Inn.

Kelly

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

We Are on the road (more about that when we arrive home after CI -CO). Have visited with : home build in Banff; Cozy Cruiser in St Mary, MT; SoCal in Asheville, NC. All great people and all impressed w / CI.