EXPIRED Camp-inn On Craig's List

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Jean W, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Jean,

Oh boy. Don't get George started on this one! He looked at this one a long time back already.

Cary

3. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Yup, I even have pictures of this one. I can just imagine what it looks like after another year of neglect.

4. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Such a sad, sad thing :( :cry: ...makes you feel like going & taking it away from them for neglecting it...shame on them!

:cool:

5. Bazza2154

Bazza2154 Novice

Unfortunately for any brand name that has been in existence for some time eventually products will appear on the market in not as new condition.

Eventually you will see an advert for a CI suitable for a restoration project. It wont be mine I can assure you but it will come its is the march of time.

6. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

It is hard to tell from the pictures. What kind of 'restoration' does it need?

7. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

George was the last to see it, so he could give more info on this. It is not being sold by the gentleman who was the original owner. The original owner took good care of it and put quite a few miles on it. Health issues forced him to sell it. It has changed hands a few times since then, never having the care it did originally.

It is not that old...for its age, it should be in better condition.

:cool:

8. Oysterpot

What surprises me the most is the asking price hasn't dropped one penny! I know a couple others who have seen this unit and pretty much told the guy he was way out of line in his price. Myself included. He may budge this year, but he wouldn't last year. not putting words or figures in Cary's or CI's mouth, but I would bet there is over $2K-$3k in just restoration, and then if ya want any of the upgrades just add it on to the bill.

Like Betsey says it is a shame that it is sitting there, it was being used by some teenagers when I saw it. They still had a lot of their mess still in it including dirty linen.
    I know I wouldn't treat it like that.
    But if I am going to pay that kind of money, I want it to be new, and let me be the one to "age" it.

9. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

When Ellen and I looked at it we decided the extra $1500 to go new was a good deal. If someone were to get it for, oh I don't Gearge, would you say $7500, it could be come quite servicable in time. When I looked at it, they wanted I think $13500. I talked to the owner. I ask if he was going to clean it up...NO. I offered $9500. He also declined. His old one would never look as good as our new one, and our new one will never look as bad as his old one.
    Steve

10. Oysterpot

Steve,
    $7500 is top dollar, still to get it decent, the price will be way up there. In all honesty I think Cary and Craig would be embarrased if they saw this being displayed at a camp ground.
    The one thing going for it is it has all the bells and whistles available when built. Plus a few owner modifications. those are the things that really detract from the value. If they had been done to the CI quality standard, they wouldn't have been noticable. Then there is the neglected wear and tear of like Betsey said "a lot of mile" some of which were up to Alaska and back.

11. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hate to say this about a Camp Inn product, buy beaware. Shame, shame. Cary and Craig speak of a sense of "ownership" to all teardrops. Seems forum members are experiencing the same sense of "ownership" with all Camp Inn teardrops.

Jean