550 / 560 Camp Inn ... No Kitchen?

Discussion in 'Camp-Inn Options & Accessories' started by Theresa, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Theresa

Theresa Novice

We've wanted a teardrop for some time now, and we are definitely interested in the Camp Inn ... Except for one thing: I don't like the kitchen. I know our habits and how we'd prefer to cook, and the Camp Inn kitchen just isn't it. I know, I know, most of you love them, but I know myself.

Can we order a nice, tricked out Camp Inn teardrop ... But without the kitchen? We'd then build in what we want, which would almost certainly cost more than the standard Camp Inn kitchen ... but would be what we want.

Possible?

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

A 500 was ordered during the last year with very little built in kitchen items. The one item that will not be negotiable is the galley arm location.

A couple items to consider, do you want water/plumbing.
    How about LP gas line installed?
    How about electrical outlets?

Betsey will be able to provide information on kitchen options.

Jean

3. Theresa

Theresa Novice

No, I didn't call the company yet -- and reading your question, I wonder why that didn't occur to me! I'm glad to hear, however, that this type of personalization is possible.

Galley arm -- I had to google a picture to be sure of just where it is located. I hadn't considered this thing's placement, but that arm looks fine.

Yes, we've been thinking over water and electricity type things. We have definite opinions on these things, and they aren't really like other people's ideas . . . but they're the right choices for us.

However, the biggest thing is that the Big Green Egg Grill (best thing EVER) is releasing a MegaMini model (hope I got that name right), and it would be far and above THE THING to have in a teardrop. We've been considering adding a second smaller BGE to our outdoor kitchen line-up (small Egg for appetizers and/or sides, current large Egg for main course), and when we saw this new one, our ideal teardrop kitchen fell into place instantly.

4. Ninjamini

Ninjamini Novice

Isn't the big green egg very very heavy to carry around?

5. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Theresa,

The new megamini BGE will make you an envy of the camping world.

Hope Santa was good to you!

Jean

6. Theresa

Theresa Novice

We have the large, the most common size, and -- yes -- it weighs several hundred pounds. I would not consider it portable in any way. We're looking to add the new MiniMax (hope I got that name right) to our outdoor kitchen line-up. I can't find its weight online, but it's 19" tall and comes in its own carrier; it's designed to be toted hither and yon.

Adding a second Egg would allow us to to cook a main dish on the large Egg and an appetizer on the smaller egg. We could easily store it in our home outdoor kitchen . . . and scoot it over to a teardrop for camping meals.

7. Theresa

Theresa Novice

No, Santa wasn't quite good enough to bring us the small Egg. Never fear; it'll arrive at our house! Since a SECOND Egg is clearly a luxury, we're not in a big hurry. With luck, we'll be able to get one at a discount at a Big Green Egg event.