Camp-Inn has a new factory sign!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cary Winch, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Camp-Inn has a new sign!! Should be easier to find us now. The sign fits in with the whole park theme of the factory location. This sign was many years in the planning. My son Nathan Winch started building this May of 2021. The stones are field stones from the Winch family farm. The 4" thick Amish cut lumber is all engraved here on our CNC router and hand painted by Nathan.

Attached Files:

2. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

Wow! Very classy. Well done!

Cary Winch likes this.
  3. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Classy and appropriate!

Kevin and Cary Winch like this.
  4. Nice, we look forward to seeing it in person in a couple of weeks.

5. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Very nice! And to think, I saw the early phase of construction!

6. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Wonderfull craftsmanship!
    Perfectly captures the retro 60's OGs plus
    (dare I say?...)
    That new subtle midwest maker-hipster vibe...
    Artful use with frugal quality in all things.
    Yep...
    The next gen CI enthusiasts are smart and talented.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    FamilyTravel5PlusPup likes this.
  7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

You are very wise grasshopper.

8. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

You have obviously taught him well, and hopefully he will want to apply the craftsmanship he learned from you to the continuing improvement of the product by becoming a second generation Camp-Inn builder.

Van_and_Terri and Kevin like this.
  9. campdude

campdude Ranger

Cary this is a nice job. Is Nathan going to be a successor in the business?

10. Cary Winch

That is a question for Nathan. He really does not know what he wants to do with himself. He is struggling with the dilemma right now.

Cary

11. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Yes, I remember the dilemma Nathan is experiencing well.

I graduated from HS and planned to enter the Air Force during the Viet Nam war, but my folks talked me out of it, so I head to college..dropped out after 1 semester because I didn't really know what I wanted to do with it, so I went to VoTech automotive mech. program. I finish it, but find while I like cars, I don't like the automotive trade as an every day job. I got a job at an aircraft prop repair shop, but come to the same conclusion after a year. I got my Real-estate license..but was too young to be taken seriously, I took a job as a Dept store men's wear dept. Mgr,...boring. I try a surgical nursing assistant position..interesting but I want more. So I go back to school for Resp. Therapy, then the RN program, end up graduating with a double major in both programs, but am exposed to nurse anesthesia as a surgical assistant, which I find intriguing, so I go to nurse anesthetist school.....and finally found my niche! It turns into a very fulfilling 40 year career.

Sometimes you just need to keep trying different things out until you find what gives you job satisfaction. Some find it right off the bat, and some like me, take awhile, but none of those various job experiences were a waste of time. I learned things at every single job / school experience that I've used through much of my life. I do most of my own vehicle repairs, I built my own airplane, which I've flown and maintained for nearly 1000 hrs over the last 16 years. I learned enough mechanical skills to give me the confidence to at least try tackling most household repairs that don't require very specialized equipment or skills.
    The key thing I got out of it was to try keep my mind open to learning something new. Just about everybody knows something that you don't, and if you are willing to listen, most will be happy to show or tell you something useful to add to your skill set, or to modify your current one to make it better.

I suspect that Nathan may already know some or all of this, but may be impatient with the prospect, but FWIW, tell him not to be in a rush to figure it out. Enjoy the journey, and make it count.

Cary Winch, M&L and Kevin like this.
  12. SLO Camper

SLO Camper Junior Ranger

This is such excellent advice. I backed into my ultimate career as a land surveyor after going to school for forestry, working a couple of forestry and environmental education jobs in Vermont, going to a wooden boat building school in Norway, and lots of other fun things. I went to college at 34 and got a degree in land surveying, My son, on the other hand, has known since he was about 5 that he wanted to be a medical researcher. He is now enrolled in an amazing program to just do just that and he is super happy. Everyone takes their own path and they are all equally legitimate.

M&L and dustinp like this.
  13. Looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it in person here soon when we bring up the trailer for updates :)

14. campdude

campdude Ranger

I am 62 and I still struggle with what I want to do with myself.

Bill

Kevin, dustinp and Cary Winch like this.
  15. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Looks first rate --- just like your campers ;)

Kevin likes this.
  16. Cary Winch

Connecting up the solar panel system on the back of the sign today for running the lights for the sign.

Cary

Kevin, dustinp and Long Truong like this.
  17. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Uh oh. Necedah is going Hollywood/Vegas with fancy 24/7 lights? LoL!

Kevin likes this.
  18. Cary Winch

Might be festive at Christmas time.

Cary

Jim Carter, campdude, Kevin and 3 others like this.