Announcement Camp-inn #364 Underway!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by BobB, Mar 17, 2010.

1. BobB

BobB Novice

We just got word our 560 Ultra SUV build has begun! As owners are aware, Camp-Inn provides updated photos throughout the build process.

If all goes well we will pick it up in late April / early May. needless to say(but I'll say it anyways) we can't wait!!

-Bob

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Re: Camp-Inn #348 Underway!

It's almost like the ultra sounds for your first born isn't it.
    Only cleared and in color. I like the idea of the progress shots.

3. BobB

BobB Novice

Great analogy!

4. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Bob,
    People at work remind me of how I was when our camper was underway. I have multiple monitors on my desk and there was one that kept the build up nearly all the time. Some of my guys would come by get an update.
    This forum has allowed us, of like mind , to come together and seem mostly normal. Thumbs up to Camp-Inn.
    When we left to pick up ours, from TN to WI, we started taking pics from the clock on the stove reading 3:30 am to the camper in our yard. I compiled these on a CD in chronological order with them being opened and closed to the background track of Willie Nelson singing On the Road Again. We watch it every now and then and use it to help friends enjoy our trip to WI.
    We are heading out tomorrow for four days.
    Take care all, Steve and Ellen #338

5. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Bob,
    I'm very excited for you (and also because somebody finally used this empty forum... haha).
    I'm curious about your serial number being #348 when mcnugit is #349 but is already done and home. Hmmm.... maybe Jim & Jamie paid a secret fee to move to the front of the line... or Jim pulled some strings in D.C. (after all, they live suspiciously close to it... :) )

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  6. BobB

BobB Novice

Good catch - I made a mistake. SO#348 was on a recent build sheet and I mistook this for the build number. Cary tells me we will likely be #364. I'll update my note.

-Bob

7. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Good luck Bob here comes the longest three months of your life!

Anna&Steve :)

8. BobB

BobB Novice

Thank Anna & Steve,

Yes - it's a long wait. One good thing is there is a lot to do and figure out beforehand, so that is keeping us busy.

9. Cal429

Cal429 Novice

This whole thing is cool beyond words. I stumbled upon Camp-Inn a few months ago, did some Googling to see if there were any reasons to be cautious (can't help it -- that's my nature), and found nothing but superlatives. My 560 Ultra is due in July, and I just LOVE watching yours being put together. Whotta trip! Thanks so much for posting the pix. Hope others will do the same.

10. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Jim,
    I like you stumbled upon Camp-inn on line. I checked it out very close. Cary and I emailed back and forth. I kept looking for negatives. Cary hooked us up with one that was purchased locally, Middle TN. After my wife saw it, my quick camp for hunting had added TV, AC, propane, and running water. We really like our purchase, 550 classic #338. We picked it up last Labor Day. When we got to the factory, the grass was not cut. It was several inches to several feet tall. Our first impression was, "What have we got into". Our fears were soon allayed. We were wrong. The dedication by everyone we met was compelling. The constant attempt to produce a better product seems contagious. This forum allows all of us, who have made the plunge, to free flow ideas. This should help them continue to improve when practical.
    Oh yeah, Cary says the plants around their shop are Wisconsin natural prairie. I suspect your July will be a lot of fun this year. Are you going to pick up or have the trailer delivered? Pick up is very very cool. We had a marvelous time.
    Steve & Ellen

11. Cal429

Cal429 Novice

Yep, I Googled the heck out of Camp-Inn and Petenwell Industries LLC before I decided this was an OK thing to do. Absolutely nobody had anything negative to say. That seemed unheard-of and really says something about Cary and the gang there.

Gonna drive from Albuquerque to Wisconsin with my seven-year old grandson in July, his first road trip. Your note inspired me to post a much more complete (read: "long-winded") intro in the Meet 'n Greet section. Check it out.

12. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

I can smell the varnish!!!
    It is exciting! When ours was being built -Tim spotted an arrowhead pattern in the wood -he looked for it each in each set of photos and on our camper when we picked it up. He, ever the scientist, wanted proof that the photos were really "our' camper!

Even more exciting is seeing your baby for the first time -i still get goosebumps thinking about it : )
    Eileen

13. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Bob, Thanks. Ours is a 550. Watching your 560 is fun. When is your scheduled pick up?
    Steve

14. BobB

BobB Novice

Steve,
    I'm scheduled to pick it up on May 3. Just a few more big things to take care of before the trip: buy hitch, decide on insurance, and final garage prep. Time is flying!

15. Steve & Ellen

Steve & Ellen Novice

Bob,That is just around the corner. When we picked ours up, I started taking pics the moment we left. The first shot was the clock on the stove at 3:30 am. The pics ended three days later with the camper at the house. At Wal-Mart, I had the pics put on DVD with Willie Nelson singing "On the Road Again". Ellen and I put it in and watch just for fun. It includes pictures of Cary, the shop where it was made and all the trip before and after. Just a thought....Enjoy

16. BobB

BobB Novice

Steve,
    Yes-I'll likely take a lot of pictures. Though it will be great to pick up the trailer, there's not going to be much of a vacation as originally planned. We first planned that my wife and I would take the trip together, dashing the 1000 miles in 2 days, then taking a more leisurely pace camping our way home. Unfortunately some other things got in the way of these plans. So now my wife will be holding down the home front while I combine this trip together with picking up our oldest son in college. Still plan on camping on the trip home, but not much tourism along the way.

17. Re: Camp-Inn #348 Underway!

You will love it. We have had one for two years now. We love it.

18. BobB

BobB Novice

Our Raindrop was delivered last Thursday night.
    For those future buyers who are unable to visit the factory to pick up their trailer - this is what to expect:

[​IMG]
    Cary gave us a heads up that our trailed was on a load of old vehicles - very cool! The car below our trailer is a Masaratti from the mid-60s. It still ran. The driver had to back it off the trailer in order to get our traler unloaded. All these old vehicles were headed to the port of NJ for a journey to the UK.

After the Masaratti was unloaded, the driver used a winch to back our trailer off the rig.
    [​IMG]

All unloaded and backed into our driveway. The trailer was extremely well-wrapped, well-protected.
    [​IMG]

Sorry I didn't take a picture of it unwrapped. It's as beautiful as we had hoped. We pretty quickly put it in our garage, where we are loading/stocking it for a maiden voyage this weekend.

19. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

There's nothing like packing your trailer up for the first time. Congrats!

20. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

With us being such a group of old gearheads here not much got done the morning Bob's trailer was loaded up with all those neat old pieces of tin on there. That Maseratti got us all fired up. You should see the engine in that thing!

Cary