Cages Bend

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by Trippster, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

We just returned from our trip to Gallatin Tn to the Cages Bend Campground. With our Senior discount it was only $11 per night right on the lake!
    It's a Corp of Engineer site so you know it's great! Sites are big, bathrooms are clean and the folks are friendly. What more could you want?
    Here is a photo of our CI on the site #9.
    http://www.kennethtripp.com/img/s4/v63/p1193269244-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Deb

Deb Novice

Looks beautiful! Have you stayed at other Corp of Engineers sites?

3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Looks like a great spot. That sure is a beautiful area of the country.

4. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

KENandKATHY that looks like a beautiful spot to camp. :)

5. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Defeated is a very nice camp ground, as well as most of the COE in Middle TN. Our group was just at cages and are closing down Cedar Creek at the end of the month. Nice thing about the TN COE is they take reservations. in fact very highly recommended in the peak months. Amother one that is just down the road from where I live is called Ragland Bottoms.

7. Deb

Deb Novice

Ken and Kathy,

Thank you for including the site number. This is so helpful, as you can understand,when we're not familiar with a particular campground.

8. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Jenn,
    The COE parks close in October in TN from what I have seen. . Don't know about the Stare Parks though.

9. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Jenn,
    The COE camp grounds are for the most part closed at the end of October. Some close earlier, like in the next week.
    The state parks generally have a limited section open for camping. Electric is on, but not sure about water. I have had no problem finding camping in the middle of winter, at the State Parks. Psst don;t forget about camp driveway in Smithville.