Business Cards

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by pat walsh, Aug 2, 2010.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

We were in 5 different campgrounds in Michigan on our last trip and were giving tours everywhere. People were asking for the website so we would tell them but we didn't always have our flyers ready. I think a business card would be a quick way to give people the needed info and be easier to have in a pocket.

The trailer brings smiles everywhere we go! neat!

2. bcannizzo

bcannizzo Novice

Pat,
    We had the same problem.. no info when needed, so I printed up come business cards. Put a picture of our 560 on the front and our names and the Camp Inn info on the back..phone # and website. Cheap easy to do, sorta as I am not good with a computer, and fit in wallet or pocket.

Barbara

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Barbara,
    good idea

4. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Yes, we should do this too. We are always writing our name and email address down and handing them out. We save the brochure for people who are really interested.

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Looking back on our 9 day trip I could have used about 30 cards. So I will have to get on this project before we travel again.

6. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Where did you camp in Michigan?

7. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Indian River State Park in Manisteque - right on the lake very nice.

Lakeport on Lake Huron this is also a state park. none of the campsites are on the lake - but just a short walk to the shore great showers and restrooms. They had handicapped facilities with restroom and shower bigger than mine at home - easy to access with my scooter. Nice camp store - ice cream.

Traverse city Timber Ridge Campground - a private cameground - extra charge for taking a shower, etc. ok but not as nice as the state campgrounds. Not near the shore.

We look at the Traverse city state campground but the sites were very small and close and busy. Just looked too much like being stuck in a traffic jam.

Wilderness state campground - not too far from the Mackinaw bridge. very nice! We were not on the water but it was a short walk and they had a boat ramp area where you could view the Mackinaw bridge in the distance. very peaceful.

You can see we love being on the water and eating ice cream!

And would you believe at all these campground we never had to back up! We are still learning that skill so that was great.

Everywhere we went: seeing our trailer was a evening activity for a lot of folks so we sat around and gave tours. Met a lot of friendly people who were very complementary about our tear.

We didn't take enough pictures as we were visiting family most of the time.

JW Wells state campground on the western shore of lake Michigan just north of the WI boarder. a very family friendly campground - grass sites - even sold ice cream as a fund raiser for park activities.

8. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good. If you were at Traverse, if you had gone a little farther south west, you would have gotten to Sleeping Bear Dunes. It is a NP. Excellent for a hub to hit wine country, Lake Michigan, West side for some of the most beautiful sunsets there are.

9. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

George,
    Sleeping Bear Dunes was full so we missed it. Maybe next time.

10. eileenpaine

eileenpaine Novice

Business cards would have been great this past week! We were in SE Arizona, at a birding festival. Since we were with relatives, we stayed at the Holiday Inn and did not bring the CI.
    BUT -Tim wore his CI and Lake Perris Gathering T-shirts out birding. People stopped and asked if we had a teardrop. Several had been comparison shopping Little Guy and a few others, but had not heard of Camp Inn. We were writing out info on the back of bird lists!
    A few cards in the wallet would have been great! Will look into get some made!
    Eileen