Bunk beds

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by ebloomer, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ebloomer

ebloomer Newbie

My husband and I used the bunk beds in our Raindrop for the first time this weekend-- our youngest grandchildren thought they were great! They were easy to set up, but when I was taking them down I couldn't remember where the top bunk rail was stored when the couch is in bench mode. Does the rail go under or over the headboard that folds up? I didn't see anything about where to store it in the owner's manual. I'd appreciate any feedback-- thanks!
    Eileen

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Fold the 'head bumper' back down and the top bunk will slide into the notches on each side (over the top of the mattress a bit...it is about an inch or two over the mattress) right at the corner of the door.

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Eileen,

I store the upper bunk rail under the lower seat cushion when the sofa is set up. I don't like putting it under the sofa on top of the lower folded headboard because then it gets in the way setting the sofa down flat with the mattress for extended bed length.

The other popular option for stowing the upper head board is vertical at the foot of the bed, up against the footwell bulkhead.

Cary

4. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I agree with Cary on that...we do the same thing!

Sorry I miss understood your question. Was thinking about something else.

5. ebloomer

ebloomer Newbie

Thanks-- I just couldn't remember!