SOLD Brand New 2011 550 Ultra

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Betsey, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

There is currently a brand new 2011 550 Ultra up for sale on Ebay. Check it out.

2011 550 Ultra

:cool:

2. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

3. slumry

slumry Novice

This item on ebay appears to be no longer available. I hope someone on this forum got it.

4. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

I had put in on my eBay watch list. Just looked and says 'ended' with 0 bids. Maybe we have a new owner and forum member???

5. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Dang I was in the process of convincing my wife WE needed that.

6. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

A downpayment was sent on it. So, it may be sold now. The potential new owner is coming on Friday.

Cary

7. ghaynes

ghaynes Novice

Cary, just curious but did the potential buyer actually come from the eBay ad? When I was selling my hot air balloon last year I tried all of the 'normal' places with ads and finally thought about eBay. Placed the ad and sold in 3 days, delivered with a cash buyer on the 7th day.

8. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Gary,

The Ebay ad generated alot of interest. Still getting calls on it even though we took it down on Friday. Ebay really is the cheapest advertising there is and when we have one we can put on there always do.

The new owner had not seen it on Ebay. He had called and was wondering about ordering one but had some concerns about the trip out to get it (he lives near Evan). It just happened he was in Nashville visiting family so I suggested he just come buy this one on the way home. He did!

Anyway, he just left with it. He wasn't going to come until Friday but excitement got the better of him and he arrived today.

Cary

9. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

kewl, another PNW TD HC (....Happy Camper"...

So I"m curious how does WA stand as to the number of TD in a state?? are we on the map???

Just Wandering minds that wanna know...

10. slumry

slumry Novice

I was wondering the same thing, don't we have so many Camp-Inn trailers in WA State that it would make sense for Camp-Inn to pull up stakes from Necedah and relocate to WA State! Remember, it does not get bitterly cold or snow a lot, although you can find both cold and snow if you want it. All year round in fact. It sure would make the recommended 5K maintenance service easier for us here.

11. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

Nice try! :D

California has 75+ CIs, which is more than double the number in Washington. I believe Washington comes in second with Wisconsin not too far behind.

:cool:

12. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Interesting.. so per captia?, size of state etc... we're (WA)right up there... kewl...

Also, for WA Campers, Just an FYI.
    Just got back from Fort Casey (Keystone, Whidbey Island) with their new power installations, just in the middle and the water front is set up. Back side on cliff was not upgraded. No Power, water every 3-4 sites.
    Place was about 95% full (Nov 11). Really surprised at the number of Rigs, big rigs, out there for this time of year... thought it would be vacant..

13. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Every campground we visited on our trip, except for state parks, we were struck by the number of big rigs. The more we talked to people, the more we realized that people are finding it much cheaper to live in a campground than in a more typical community. Don't know if this is a new phenomenon related to the economy or just something we weren't aware of before.

14. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Kathy & Bob,
    There is a whole culture of RV'er's that people don't know about. Being one, let me clue you in. First of all most are Boomers like us, but increasingly there are younger people living full time in RV's. The reason is homelessness and joblessness for the younger set. But they are also beginning to realize the advantages of the lifestyle. The Boomers figured it out a long time ago.

When you don't own a house you have:
    No lawn care
    No property taxes
    No homeowner's insurance
    No bad neighbors
    No pool care or expenses
    No electric bill

These are only a few of the advantages. The savings is outstanding.

In our particular case, we have lived in our 5th wheel RV for 9 mos. in 2008 and the past 18 mos. We sit stationary and do not haul it around due to Bill having had a stroke in 2007 - it's too complicated. But it's like a small apt. and this park has been a great place to stay with 3 pools and tons of amenities.

All that being said we WILL be moving into a new home this coming Friday. Health issues and the need to be closer to our daughters is the main reason. Bu the CI keeps us on the road. There are many many campgrounds without fulltimers in them, so keep travelin'!

15. starlight

starlight Novice

Good luck with the new house and other stuff, Linda!

About changes in RV usage...We have several full-timers living in RV's in our neighborhood because times are hard. They don't cause trouble and they rotate their spots, so nobody says anything. The community supports local charities that assist them. I agree, more folks are hitting the road out of necessity.

We are courtesy members at Thousand Trails (formerly Naco West). We've noticed a major decrease in the number of RV folks using it during the off-season and an increase in tent campers. Thousand Trails seems to be hurting financially with the economy. I suspect that the non-member parks may have seen an increase in their utilization.

The full-timers we have known love the life style, but it is definitely an adjustment. You never know who you'll have the opportunity to meet when you hit the road. We send our prayers out to those in need who are full-timing out of necessity.
    --Stelena

16. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

Stelena,
    We have been blessed to be able to full time because we wanted to, not because we had to. We've always been big campers and so living in an RV full time is an itch that we've always wanted to scratch.

The things I have missed:
    My own washer and dryer - mainly dryer to pitch things in to get wrinkles out - I hate ironing and I also hate wearing wrinkled clothes. The last 2 mos. I've taken to sending my blouses to the cleaners - what a luxury! I justify the extra small expense because we save so much on other expenses.

Deeper closet - RV's typically have shallow closets and so my clothes don't have enough room to spread out.

And basically that's it.

What I look forward to:
    Decorating my house, choosing paint colors. Having a yard for our dog Jack to run in without being on leash. Having a neighborhood for our cat Barney to roam. Being close to our granchildren and daughters. Both of us are outgoing and we look forward to meeting the new neighbors, who by the way introduced themselves on Friday when we went to the house to show our son and daughter in law. Met 2 seperate neighbors and the hood seems wonderful. We're lookig forward to it.

17. starlight

starlight Novice

I hear ya. Hope everything went well with the move!
    --Stelena