Bougerv Solar Panel

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by fernlane, Nov 15, 2022.

1. fernlane

fernlane Junior Ranger

as I move toward installing the Victron 100ah battery, I'd also like to beef up my solar charging capacity. We've been using an 85 watt panel since we got our 550 in 2014, and it's worked pretty well. The reason we got that panel was simply because it fit well in our VW sportwagen.
    The BougeRV 130 watt suitcase sure looks good, though, and without glass it weighs a lot less. Price seems reasonable and there's a 15% off sale going as well.
    Anyone have any experience with BougeRV panels?

130W Portable Solar Panel | BougeRV

Kevin likes this.
  2. JohnC

JohnC Ranger

Looks like it should be fine as long as you already have a solar charger.

Edit: Oops, should have said solar controller, not charger.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  3. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    Kevin likes this.
  4. Nebrclaw

Nebrclaw Newbie

I use the Bougerv flexible solar panels, it's Yuma 200W CIGS Thin-film Flexible Solar Panel. The BougeRV Yuma 200W CIGS Thin-Film Flexible Solar Panel is an excellent example of how far the solar field has gotten in just the past few decades.The price per wattage is a little over a dollar a watt, which is crazy good, particularly for a flexible solar panel like this one.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Kevin likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

This one?
    https://www.bougerv.com/products/200w-flexible-solar-panel

Pretty fancy! Do you hang it up on trailer or tow vehicle or have it permanently mounted?

I'm idly imaging how to use flex panel on top of my Alltrack or better on top of cargo box...

This flex film has come along way...

I fooled around with a 100w panel I got on Amazon for $100, but it was a couple years out of date and seemed weak mounted on flat board for some testing...

I've come to conclusion I need (errr...want) another 300w so the question is how to put that on top of the tow vehicle, like on top of an old RTT shell I can use to store tents inside etc...

Or a custom aluminum box, hinged top, construction cant be too hard...some bending and welding needed...sized to fit cross bars...

Like a squashed wide and long cargo box...glue down the flex panels onto aluminum top just like on the CI roof top option...

That array then hooks up to a sogen or some multiple Li batts in either the box, or fit into the CI... like Scotty's Stealth GTI (see his youtubes) in a rear seat delete next to the Dometic...

Box Needs room on top for flush mount Starlink...

I'd like the top to be tiltable...

You can park the car in sun as your power and wifi, ham radio station..remote office,
    and keep the CI parked in the shade, setup KISS for light and easy towing as the refuge for glamping luxurious sleep and fine cuisine in back...

Work up front, party in the back!

Say, anyone know an aluminum sheet metal and welding fab shop in Socal?

I need to find a gifted Maker here like the gurus in WI...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    Corbin likes this.
  6. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

Home - Welcome to Coast Sheet Metal, Inc.

Kevin and Corbin like this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Thanks, Randy.
    Do you btw know these guys or by reputation? PM if so and if you have ideas on construction.
    Thanks!