FL Blackwater River State Park -fl

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Van_and_Terri, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Blackwater Water State Park is in an isolated area in the panhandle area of Florida. It has a small camping area of 31 sites which are all gravel with full hookups and a fire pit. The Blackwater River is the main attraction with walking trails and canoeing, kayaking, and tubing offered.

Attached Files:

Warren Mary Ellen, Kevin and Sweeney like this.
  2. rmbrowder

rmbrowder Junior Ranger

Every Thursday we meet at 8:00 for trail work at the North parking lot at Deaton Bridge. Great way to sweat a bit.

Attached Files:

dustinp, Kevin and Van_and_Terri like this.
  3. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Thank you for your efforts on the trails. Your efforts are evident! I just reserved site 8 for a week next March.

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  4. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Blackwater was a great park -- we didn't get to camp there, we just were able to hike the trails. It truly an "old Florida" feel. I kept looking for a lost spaniard mumbling about 'Fuente de la juventud'

Kevin likes this.
  5. Steve & Betsy

Steve & Betsy Novice

We stayed here for 1 night, a couple of weeks ago. We were driving from South Carolina to Jazz Fest in New Orleans. It is a very nice campground, with clean, and well designed showers. We were impressed with this state park! Looking at the pictures I wished we would have had more time to explore.