Bella on her box

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by pat walsh, Aug 2, 2010.

1. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Bella likes to be up high to survey her surroundings. Also keeps her from eating weeds like a goat.

[​IMG]

2. Ladymc

Ladymc Novice

What a gorgeous Sheltie! I love the breed! I am on my 4th Sheltie now - Jack. He'll be a year old in January. WHEN we get our 560 Ultra we plan on taking him with us and know that he'll sleep inside with us. He's crate trained but we don't use it much anymore. But he's so adaptable if I get him a larger one I'm sure he could sleep in it in the side tent if I wanted. But I do have a question: When camping, if you want to go sightseeing in a place that the dog's not allowed, do you put Bella inside the teardrop, locked up with the AC on? That's my plan if we take a long extended road trip of 4-6 wks. and take Jack. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! Linda

3. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Linda,
    Bella is pretty much with me all the time. I have a spinal condition that does not allow me to sit more than about 15 min. so that means no resturants, etc. So my physical problem makes for a great life for Bella - always with me. She does sleep with us inside the tear. We were not sure how this would work but her favorite place is at the foot end of the bed between my sister and I. The only time she need any direction is if we get in and have not opened the windows yet. Then she comes toward my head and does her sheltie intense stare until we open the windows. Then she takes her place at the foot of the bed head first (most often) under the wood overhang. Sometimes if I wake up and check on her she is on her back with all 4 feet straight up in the air -- cooling her belly. She loves the tear and gets excited when we hitch the tear to the car. She is about 30# - great size for me. Your little Jack is really cute brings make a lot of memories of Bella's youth. She is 6 now.