Battery Draining

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Bob153, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Bob153

Bob153 Newbie

bob153
    My system work fine. But the battery seems to discharge back through the electrical system very fast' can any one help?

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Hi Bob! Welcome, you're new here aren't you :D Welcome...

Based on your profile you have a 2005 correct? How old is your battery? How long does it take to discharge? Whats turned on? Do you have a Television perhaps, or things plugged in - like phone chargers?

One thing to try -- charge the battery --- then disconnect it --- there is a red switch you can disconnect the battety through. Does it discharge while it is disconnected?

Tour 931 likes this.
  3. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

On a 2005 there will be no red switch unless it's been upgraded at some point. You'll have to remove the battery access panel under the galley counter to take one of your battery cables off.

4. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

That’s what we did on our 2010 model.

Ken & Peggy likes this.
  5. Bob153

Bob153 Newbie

bob153
    The battery is new. Ii discharges in about 2 days. I have unpluged everything . I have followed the prints in the manual. Question?
    There is a 3 amp fuse from the input that may be hooked wrong,
    one end is to a black plate, the other was unhooked , not sure where to put that. any suggestions.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Another possible gotcha --- do you ahve dimmable cabin lights? Make sure they are off --- not just low, so low you may not even get light off of them. This is something Cary warned us about during our orientation ....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    Kevin and dustinp like this.