Attach Arb Side Room To Side Of A Ci?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Long Truong, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Long Truong

Long Truong Junior Ranger

Anyone have any tips/ideas on how to attach the ARB side room to the side of the camp inn? I'm going to have a smaller door cut out that is closer to the size of the teardrop door, but I need a way get the wall snug against the teardrop.

I tried magnets and then realized that aluminum is not magnetic (I'm a genius).

Kevin likes this.
  2. SethB

SethB Ranger

I haven’t done it yet, because even with the room hanging from our (8’) ARB 2500 awning my wife is still a fair weather camper. We have the matching room, but don’t hit the spring or fall much. I just know we’re going to need it one of these days!

I found two challenges:
    1) Get the wall snug-ish to the teardrop. This may be what you’re talking about. I bought a selection of suction cups but am not fully tweaked in to the numbers, placements & adjustments that work best. Like this, and like this (links).

I’ve had a suspicion that the 6’ ARB 2000 might work better, with less interference with the CI fender.

2) Little Guy & Pahaque have a solution for a mosquito-proof door opening for the CI door. Someone here on the forum posted some links & such, maybe towards the end of the Opinions on Canopies thread. Ah, here it is, starting with Post #406. Read on for a few posts beyond that, it was a discussion between GaryEB and me.
    Lots of opinions on Canopies

Please post back any of your solutions Long! Mine is a very slow work in progress.