Area around stovetop

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Bev, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Bev

Bev Novice

I'm just wondering what others do or don't do when it comes to the area surrounding the stove while cooking.

One person told me part of their camp set-up was to line the surrounding area with aluminum foil to catch spats, then pull it off prior to breaking camp. Not having my CI yet, I'd probably opt for having a hinged stainless splatter guard of some sort made to fit and set in place. I don't mind the clean-up, just want to keep the area looking good and free of dark stains.

.....the things we think about while the tear is still in the nest....

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

I use bom ami to clean dirty backsplash.

I have not used aluminum foil to line stove alcove.

Depends upon how much you cook, type of cooking, and how detail orientated you are about appearance.

My suggestion: use a few times, then determine what meets your needs.

Jean

3. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Keeping a spray can of stainless appliance cleaner with you at all times helps alot. Couple of spritzes with this is the quickest way to clean up the backsplash from cooking splatter after a meal.

For the tough burnt on stains (there will be some eventually because of the close proximity of the stove) Jean's suggestion of Bon Ami is also what we recommend. Either that of Bar Keeper's Friend. These clean these right up.

Cary

4. Bev

Bev Novice

Thanks Jean and Cary

5. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Bon Ami works great! Except for blood-stained pipe organs.

Name that movie!

[​IMG]

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Ah, The Ghost & Mr Chicken...

7. 1Door

1Door Novice

We'll have to re-watch our Don Knotts Reluctant Hero Pack.
    4 Hilarious Movies.

8. Dahava

Dahava Novice

Yep! Classic Don Knotts! "Even Bon Ami couldn't get it off!"

9. 1Door

1Door Novice

Am I picking on fpoole too much?

10. fpoole

fpoole Junior Ranger Donating Member

Nawh, LOL, but feel free to "focus" on someone else... heheh. I wouldn't want "outsiders" to get the wrong impression you know...

11. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Susan_Alan, I'm sure you are lightweight compared to Frank's assistants. Can you imagine what the poor guy must endure trying to keep all those high maintenance gals happy?