Are You Using A Cover For Winter Storage?

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by Jay & Valerie, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

OK, for the first time ever, my CampInn will not be stored in the garage through the winter....oh the horror!!!!! Sadly the house we are in here in Seattle has a steeper driveway than our house in Austin and the trailer is just too heavy for just the two of us to drag it up the incline so we are having to leave it in the driveway this winter. I am going to winterize it so nothing freezes up. While it does snow here, it never lasts long and temps do not drop all that low compared to where our lovely little trailer was born. So, my question is, for those of you that have to leave your beloved trailer outside, do you use a cover and if so, what one do you use?

2. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Perhaps you adding the qualifier "for those of you that have to leave your beloved trailer outside" deterred folks from answering that Camp-Inn sells a custom fit cover for $431. I haven't used it personally but have read posts in the past about it doing a good job. The one thing you really don't want to use is a plastic tarp. Apparently the aluminum can interact with the plastic and cause permanent changes (stains) with the aluminum.

3. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

I would cover it, anything you do don't use blue tarp- water get trap under it..

4. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Would it be feasible to use an electric wench to pull the Teardrop up the steep driveway?

5. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

What about renting a motorized trailer dolly to get it into the garage?

6. jtmiyake

jtmiyake Novice

Maybe you have tight turns in your driveway, but why not back it up.

7. lorieandkeith

lorieandkeith Novice

I'd like to hear how it goes if someone has used a winch. I think it would work better with some kind of dolly. We talked to someone who has a slightly larger trailer and they had a winch. I think it would be easy, and I don't think we would even need an electric one.

the reason I think it would be nice is that we have a tight turn in the alley - I am convinced that it is impossible to back the trailer into the garage without going on to my neighbor's grass. He says he doesn't mind, but I worry about it. I think the winch would take care of this.