Anxiously waiting for our new ultra 560

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by jbonham, Sep 28, 2013.

1. jbonham

jbonham Newbie

Our camper is about done and will be inspected soon. We can't wait to get it out for the first time. We live in Marietta, GA and the is great camping all around us. Our tow vehicle is a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4 door. Any one that would like to meet in GA we are headed for Vogel State Park the first weekend in November.
    My wife and I love backpacking so this style camper met our needs and style perfectly. You have heard the saying " Live Simple" ours is camp simple. We have been following John Muir all over the US, from Denali, Ak to sequoia NP to Roan Mt state park. We will continue to backpack and use our Camp Inn as our base.

Our camper will be named "Wilderness Therapy"

2. Dahava

Dahava Novice

I can imagine how excited you are! Great name for your CampInn, by the way! Hope it brings you years, and years of enjoyment.

3. Bev

Bev Novice

Wilderness Therapy will be on the road soon! Welcome, you are truly on the countdown to delivery!

4. 1Door

1Door Novice

Enjoy your trips! We will be in Marianna Florida at the caverns in November and at Stephen Foster in White Springs in December. Those Florida State Parks aren't too far away from you all. Maybe we can see you there!!

5. Congratulations John and Barb!

6. rockytopsc

rockytopsc Novice

Congrats!!! And Greetings from South Carolina.

7. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

you are going to love it, enjoy

8. John and Barb - I like to do some backpacking as well. I will be curious to hear how you combine backpacking with the teardrop. I am always leery of leaving my vehicle parked at a trail head parking lot for fear of vandalism. I'm a bit nervous to leave my car and teardrop there. I think I could see myself paying for a camping space near the trail and doing some sort of loop that begins and ends near the campground. Otherwise, it has often felt that backpacking and camping with my teardrop were mutually exclusive activities. I thought that I would do lots of long day hikes when I tear drop camp, but when camping with others, I just want to sit and chat. When camping by myself I come down with some sort of teardrop laziness syndrome. Just want to sit near my tear, stare off into space, and/or do some light reading...

9. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

We've backpacked with the teardrop parked in nearby campgrounds a couple of times without any problems. I don't think I'd leave the teardrop at a trailhead either. Both times we did loops that were not far from the campground and were able to get a ride to/from the trailhead.

10. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

JohnBarb good luck and congratulations you are going to love your new 560.