Aeropress coffee maker

Discussion in 'Other Gear & Equipment' started by birder526, Aug 19, 2014.

1. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi,
    I know this isn't a new topic, but after hearing from everyone about how great Aeropress coffee is, Michael and I ordered one along with a terrific coffee burr grinder (manual) which worked beautifully! We made the coffee as soon as the Aeropress arrived, and oh, my...how smooth and delicious! We are hooked! :grin:

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

it cleans like a dream. once you've pressed out the coffee let it cool for a minute or two, then remove the filter piece, and just press the coffee grounds out the rest of the way into garbage. about a 1/2 piece of paper towel to wipe any grounds off the plunger, and done. if you like, use the other 1/2 of the paper towel to wipe dry the plastic filter piece.

if you'll be at TBTR or CICO I can show you.

3. Snudley

Snudley Novice

I use the same method as Sherry, and will rinse and reuse the filter for a second cup. Aside from the excellent coffee it makes, the ease of cleanup is the beauty of this gadget.

I can't imagine not having the Aeropress for camping at this point.

4. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

5. birder526

birder526 Novice

Jenn,
    It does clean very easily. Just pull the plunger out after you expel the coffee and filter (which pops out and looks like a hockey puck!). No mess at all. We rinsed it off and let it air dry.

And I really am serious...the coffee it made was darn good!! :D

Diane

6. birder526

birder526 Novice

Hi Chuckwagon!

The aeropress we bought does make up to four cups, I believe, but we only made two. We drink out of mugs rather than coffee cups so it actually made two 1/2 mug-fulls. But we added hot water to each mug which made for a perfect cup of coffee.

Diane

7. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

Thanks Diane :)

8. AlCat

AlCat Junior Ranger Donating Member

The aeropress does not hold 20 ounces (or however you measure 4 "cups") of water/coffee - at most it holds about 12, I would guess. But you can make 4 cups of coffee by using more coffee in the aeropress, and then using that coffee as "coffee-concentrate," essentially, and just add hot water to the concentrate you just brewed/pressed.

Yes, cleanup is easy, but I still "wash" (soap and water, not just wipe) my aeropress after I use it

It is my go-to coffeemaker at home, as well as when camping

-Al