7 Trips Booked So Far But Hoping For More.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jay & Valerie, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Got 7 trips booked around the Colorado area for this year. Hoping to add a few more in before Sept/Oct. How many have you booked so far?

Randy likes this.
  2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

I had to count up... it's 7 for me as well. yay! And I didn't count events I plan to do; just haven't booked sites (CICO for example, and there's at least 2 Tearjerker gatherings which I plan on attending which are later in the year and booking isn't open yet for those campgrounds)

Last year of course was a bummer. Just looked, I only went 4 times; and all 4 times were very much planned around social distancing.

I looked back in my spreadsheet history; my most active year was 16 separate weekends; from March through October.

3. We camped twice in 2020 and we had planned on doing a longer trip in the summer that never materialized. Got one in the books this year and another 4 day trip next week. Labor Day Weekend already booked plus one in Oct and another in November booked so far.

4. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

The only thing we have properly booked is a 4 nighter in mid June at the Teklanika Campground in Denali NP. Tek is harder to get in to - limited reservations and its past the limit where you're normally allowed to drive your personal vehicle. Only if camping for 3+ nights can you drive your vehicle and a camper back there. If not camping 3+ nights, you can only take the provided bus shuttle and tent camp. We have misfired 4 times so far trying to "properly" do Denali NP, so hopefully this is the trip where we put all the learning from our failures together to pull off what I've been hoping for.

Nothing else is truly booked yet, but we are moving from Alaska to Missouri and that will by itself involve quite the trip.

L57 likes this.