Update # 581 Has Left The Nest

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Maureen, May 9, 2013.

1. Maureen

Maureen Newbie

We picked up #581, a 560 ultra, on Wednesday after driving for 3 days from MA. Cary was great going over all the features and correcting a wiring problem with the hitch ground. We held off on purchasing things in advance but did stop at Costco today for a mattress topper.
    Neither of us had ever towed anything and were both apprehensive about it. But after only 425 miles we are feeling very comfortable going forward. We have yet to try backing up.
    After only 2 days and 1 night, I wonder why we didn't buy this sooner and then I remember we only saw it about a year ago.
    We'll be spending 8 more days on the road before we get home.
    Safe travels everyone!
    Maureen and LuAnn

2. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

Congrats and happy trails!

3. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Sweet! Enjoy it!

4. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Congratulations and enjoy!

5. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Congratulations! Have a very fun and safe first outing.
    Kathy

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Congrats Maureen and LuAnn, on your new camper! Have a safe, fun trip home. This is just the beginning...

7. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Congrats! When you backup put your hand on the bottom of the wheel, then turn the wheel the way you want the trailer to go.

8. mariusz

mariusz Junior Ranger

cool enjoy.,cant wait for mine 583

9. Biggie

Biggie Novice

Congratulations and safe travels!!!

10. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

MOB Congratulations and good luck you are going to love it. :)

11. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Congratulations Maureen and LuAnn !!

It looks like Massachusetts is going from 2 to 4 Camp-Inns this spring. Make sure you edit your profile to add your location pin for the Interactive owner's map at top-right. Mine is the blue pin up by the NH border near Nashua.

I see you too made it an excuse for a vacation. I picked up 'OZ' 560 Ultra #567 on March 11th 2013 and made a two week return loop via KC, Memphis, and 4 days (2 fishing) at John Pennekamp SP in Key Largo. My 28 year old handicapped son and Brittany 'Loki' are joining me for a local jaunt Memorial day weekend.

One tip if you have the Dometic fridge. Remember to use the fridge 110V AC plug if your trailer is plugged in at a campground. That is one less thing on DC so the builtin charger can recharge the battery better. The Fantastic Fan website shows 3 Amps on Hi but with Camp-Inn's slower motor variant I suspect less so the charger can still gain with fan on full time. Summer with DC fridge, roof fan, and lights all in use... hmmm who wins? or should I say the milk maybe loses. :^(

I will probably see you around the campgrounds...

12. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Mark,

Your name came up a bunch during Maureen and LuAnn's orientation, I kept referring to you. Not only are you the closest 560 to them but you both have identical cars! I mean even the same color, year and transmission choice. How crazy is that?

Cary

13. Mark_inMA

Mark_inMA Novice

Cary,

That is no coincidence, it's just cause green Subaru Outbacks are the best ha ha :D . Kermit, MGs and Outbacks are supposed to be green.
    I actually see one just like mine at work too. I heard that Subarus and Ford F150s (basic) account for the majority of the vehicles in Vermont.

Seriously, it got me around in a parking lot with 8 or 10 inchs of unplowed snow to get my wife to a medical treatment. I owned manual transmissions for most of my cars but getting out of Boston after chemo during evening rushes meant my first automatic in 20 years. The 4 cylinder CVT was chosen for gas mileage on my 60 mile round trip commute. Their sky blue color is nice but my oldest daughter already had one of those.

Mauren and LuAnn - Hope you are having a great trip.

Cary - Say Hi and Thanks! to the crew (and Andre ;) )