560 Couch Angle

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Randy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Randy

Randy Ranger Donating Member

This may be a dumb question, but the back of the couch in our 560 at 90 degrees. Seems like It would be more comfortable if it leaned back slightly at more of an angle. Was wondering if perhaps I have it set up incorrectly?

Thanks,

Randy

2. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Randy,

You can pull the couch seat up and forward. There are raised rests on either side that you can rest it on. This gives you a more comfortable angle. I think there are instructions in the manual.

3. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Randy

Thanks Sherry and Joan. I thought I might have had something wrong.

Randy

5. Chuckwagon

Chuckwagon Junior Ranger

When you pull the couch seat forward, it rests on top of the mattress. It won't fit right if you have padding on top of or below that part of the mattress--so any padding needs to be cut shorter or pulled toward the foot end of the bed.

6. Jay & Valerie

Jay & Valerie Ranger Donating Member

Here is a shot with the mattress out. Note the blocks on the side by the door? The lower portion of the couch rests in the notch on that block to create the angle.

[​IMG]

7. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

I have a 1 1/2 inch memory foam topper. I find that I can squish it back in order to put the couch at an angle.

8. Randy

You guys are awesome, thanks. Joan, are you OK with the added heigth of the topper. Does it look funny where it meets the couch? I was considering a topper myself.