SOLD 550 Ultra On Craig's List

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Betsey, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

This is a really good deal...maybe too good?

Might want to call & get a name & VIN #. Then check with Cary to see if it's legit. All of the info in the ad was lifted directly from our website.

550 Ultra For Sale in Phoenix

:cool:

2. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

Hmmm,

No mention of year, listed as having AC, yet no typicaly AC bumb out on roof line.

Jean

3. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Thanks Betsey ... and Jean ... I'm all over this ... will be contacting the poster this morning ... and, like your idea of confirming with Cary ... will let you know what I find out. Highest Regards, -Dan

4. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

Google maps shows the address in the ad is a commercial intersection with a "Loanmax" and a "TitleMax Title Loans" on two of the corners.

Sad if it's being sold by a pawn shop. :(

5. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

I did some digging. There is a customer with a 2010 at that location. Google maps puts the location a bit different with his actual address but also labels it the same corner the Craigslist ad does. Seems very legit.

Either way, run the VIN by us on any potential purchases found on Craigslit or Ebay like this.

Cary

6. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Cary ... thanks ... will do ... texted the number (as requested in the posting) earlier this morning - no reply yet. Are you able to verfy the options on the unit (respecting the persons privacy of course)? ... thanks, -Dan

7. tjcrebs

tjcrebs Novice Donating Member

Looks like a 550 Classic as also no Teardrop hinges on the door either.

Still a good price IMHO.

Good Luck, Dan--it just might be worth a Spring SW adventure.

8. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

It could be an Ultra...Don't remember what year the new door hinges came into being, so it may be prior to that happening.

:cool:

9. Cary Winch

It is a Ultra for sure, marker lights and door handles are the give away. The Ultra door hinges did not exist yet in 2010.

If it is the trailer I am thinking it is, it is very lightly optioned, has a spare tire and that is about it.

It is indeed a good price. I would probably haggle a tiny bit on it, I am sure the customer is probably planning on a bit of that.

Cary

10. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

Thanks everyone ... been trading voice mails with the owner, hope to talk directly this evening ... I appreciated ya'll lookin' out for me ... -Dan

11. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

OK ... got the scoop ... waiting for some additional information from my new pal Cary on cost of some add-ons ... a little expensive and a long way to travel for pickup ... but, one decision at a time ... -Dan

12. Jean W

Jean W Junior Ranger Donating Member

My January 2011 model has the new door hinges.

13. Cary Winch

Jean,

Yes, yours would have been one of the very first with the new style hinges. Your trailer was built in December 2011 (not January). We put the first of those hinges on in Nov/Dec of 2011 and made it a standard feature on all 2012s. That makes yours one of the rare lucky few 2011s with the nice hinges on it.

If the AZ unit is the one I am assuming it is, it would have been built in August of 2010.

Cary

14. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

So ... been conversing with the owner of this one ... it appears to be very well kept ... but, unfortunately, we are still a ways apart on the price. For me, that fact that it is lacking a number of important features (no A/C, no TV, no SUV, no bumper, no receiver, other), that it would cost me near $1200 to transport it from Phoenix to Pittsburgh, and that I'd end up sending my next 3 paychecks to Cary & co. for add-ons, makes it not so attractive. I'd still buy it at the right price, but there's just a bit too much difference to make up. With the help of friends, I've confirmed that it is a 2010, production # 379, with the only upgrades being a spare tire, a side tent, and a red cooler. I'm hoping they'll call me back with a more agreeable asking price, but in the meantime will hold out hope for another one to come along. Thanks, Betsey, for the lead! And thanks everyone else for the added color and perspective ... haven't met but a few of you, but already consider "all ya'll (that's southern for "all of you") my friends. Thanks. -Dan

15. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

Well bless your little heart. I can't tell you how many times I heard that while in Tennessee. That's southern for several things depending on the context. I think.

16. dhutchin

dhutchin Novice

Yup. "Bless your heart" in any form is translated to: "You're not from around here, are you?"

17. GhostOrchid

GhostOrchid Junior Ranger

My mother and grandmother used the expression in a similar way, but rendered it "Bless its's heart" [with the double possessive gender neutral pronoun], so it worked with kids, pets, old men, people on TV, blooming flowers, heart-warming newspaper stories, and on and on, for both comfort and congratulations, e.g., "Bless its's heart, lookit how that big boy can dunk a basketball."

18. Little Patriot

Little Patriot Junior Ranger Donating Member

Yep, I used that expression with a former student when she said her first 'B' was earned in my class. She had all 'A's prior to eighth grade civics.

19. FauxPa

FauxPa Novice

How did we get here? ... I think all ya'll are overthinkin' this ... bless all ya'll's hearts ... -Dan

20. pbaker2225

pbaker2225 Junior Ranger Donating Member

My friend got a Bless your Heart when she came in out of the sun and and couldn't see anything in the dark store. She said out loud,"Oh my gosh I'm blind." and a little older lady said, "Well, Bless your heart."
    I helped and older woman with her groceries and she said, Oh, Bless your heart. So I see it can be used in gratitude or sympathy. So does the bless your heart that means your not from around here mean, your not from around here so you just don't understand. Like for when we pull some unacceptable social blunder or just don't get the culture differences? Kind of an I forgive you for doing something stupid because your not from around here?