FOR SALE 550 On Southern Oregon Craigslist

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by SethB, Jun 1, 2019.

1. SethB

SethB Ranger

(I am not the owner of this camper, don't know the seller, and haven't seen it. If interested, please respond to the CL ad!)

Found on Craigslist, a 2007 550 Ultra in Cave Junction, Oregon. This is southern Oregon, the nearest town of any size is Grants Pass, not so far from Medford/Ashland.

Teardrop Trailer ~ Camp-Inn ~ 550 SUV

2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Looks like he added his own custom rear bumper using a stainless steel hand rail. I wonder what would happen if it were hit.....not quite the protection provided by the factory one I would guess.
    [​IMG]

3. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

I don’t see that as a bumper as much as a functionality tool. Like a big towel rack for kitchen towels, that sort of thing. You could even get some S hooks and hang cooking utensils and such from the bar. But I agree, I can’t see that providing any real protection as a bumper if that is in fact the purpose of it.

4. dustinp

You're probably right, just seemed like overkill for a towel bar, but would be a little high for a bumper too......as Gilda would say "Oh...never mind"

5. dirty6

dirty6 Ranger

Lol yes, sorry if I came across as ornery.

I’d agree, overkill for sure, unless there’s more to it that we don’t know about.

6. SethB

SethB Ranger

Someone who alternates between standing and sitting (wheelchair?) in the kitchen could make effective use of that bar for some good stability and security. You might want to back it up with ply plates inside...

E.g. sit down for many things, but then pull to a standing position to get something out of the bins or flip the pancakes. Some chair users might get a lot of use out of it! There’s a lot of variation among people using wheels from never standing to standing well with a grab bar.

Tour 931 likes this.
  7. Glenn S

Glenn S Newbie

Still for sale? Thanks.

8. dustinp

If you click on the link in the original post, you'll find the Craigslist listing is no longer active.

9. SethB

SethB Ranger