Update 531 Has Successfully Fledged

Discussion in 'Announcements & Build Journals' started by Les Izmore, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Les Izmore

Les Izmore Junior Ranger

We picked up TD #531 at the factory on Monday and have just completed our four night 1,800 mile maiden voyage on our return to Boise (after a one night 1,700 mile trip to Necedah to pick it up). I'm very impressed on how easy the 550 Ultra is to tow, with this being my first real towing experience. We met a couple outside of Rapid City, SD that claim to have owned just about every conceivable trailer, camper or RV ever made (including one or two of their own invention), and they were blown away by the quality and attention to detail of our trailer, pointing out several features that had escaped us (though now that we've towed it home we greatly appreciate those features!).

Kudos to Craig and Cary for designing a trailer that makes newbies like us look and feel like seasoned veterans amongst the forest of Mobile McMansions out there.

2. bcannizzo

bcannizzo Novice

Welcome to our world of quizzical looks and mystified questions! The people you meet with a Camp Inn are always so amazed at the quality of this camper. I made up "business" cards with a picture of Towed Hall (love Tow-tel) on the front and Camp Inn contact info (am going to add the forum to that) with our name. So that people can check CI out further. The brochures are good but the cards fit in my wallet. Made them up after a lady tracked us down at the Monitor in Vicksburg after seeing us leave it and the car for the tour... didn't have anything to give her, card would have been handy then!
    Continue to enjoy Tow-tel, stay safe from the Idaho fires, the smoke is hanging here in Steamboat, can't imagine what it is like closer.

3. nwhiker

nwhiker Novice

I am looking forward to a similar trip to yours only 300 miles longer to Oregon. Any roads to avoid or advise you can post would be appreciated. We have two months left to wait.

Enjoy your new tear

Dave

4. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

congrats on your new teardrop! hope your trip was a good one. welcome to the forum!

5. pat walsh

pat walsh Junior Ranger

Inn42 congrats. I like your lic plate. Happy camping.

6. fdkoh99

fdkoh99 Junior Ranger

Inn42 - Yep as a fellow 2012 vintage Camp Inn Camper... its the attention to detail that gets everyone who looks at this camper....
    Cary called them "Looky Lou's" and they are absolutely out there..but always awesome comments.

How long was your exit interview with Cary... I swear that he just doesn't want them to leave the nest and he hangs on as long as possible.

Best

Dave and Linda

7. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Cary

8. Monica

Monica Novice

Hi Steve and Alea,
    Congratulations and Happy Camping!