#461 New Owners

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Maxwell, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Maxwell

Maxwell Newbie

Good afternoon,

My wife and I are the happy owners of 560 #461 and would like to introduce ourselves. I am active duty Coast Guard. My wife and 4 year old son and I plan on many adventures in our new trailer. We are currently located in Cape Cod MA.

I fell in love with Camp-Inn trailers 9 years ago when my wife and I were moving from San Diego to Philadelphia. We saw one of these at one of the camp sites and I have been obsessed with them since. I was finally in a financial position to purchase one and when I saw 461 come on sale, I pounced on it.

We are excited to see where the raindrop takes us! We have dubbed it "Alvin" for the deep sea submersible located at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution which is right by my work. As Alvin dives to the depths of the sea to environments unknown, I hope our Alvin will do the same for us above water.

If you have any recommendations of places to stay around the Cape or Northeast area, please let us know!

Have a great day!

Maxwell

JohnC, Ken & Peggy, Randy and 3 others like this.
  2. M&L

M&L Ranger

Welcome from #1003! I'm a former Navy guy myself, from Northern California. If you like the idea of a 1950's summer camp, check out the Pinewood Lodge in Plymouth, Massachusetts. It's a multi-generational family run operation. They have kid activities (bingo, crafts, dances, etc.), boating, and even a little window at the general store at which you can buy ice cream. Our 5 kids all loved going there, and met lots of friends. We make it a point to stay at least a couple of days whenever we cruise through the area!

Maxwell and L57 like this.
  3. Jim Carter

Jim Carter Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome!

Maxwell likes this.
  4. SethB

SethB Ranger

Welcome from the Upper Left Coast!

I do love the new name for your trailer, may Alvin take you on many adventures!

Maxwell likes this.
  5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Welcome to the insanity! The good news is, there is no cure :)

Maxwell likes this.
  6. Welcome to the group. Hope your family enjoys Alvin & the adventures he’ll take you on, My father-in-law was in the Coast Guard flying Air Sea Rescue during WW2.

Maxwell likes this.
  7. Jdmac_lb

Jdmac_lb Novice

Welcome. I am sure Alvin will not disappoint in the adventures. Wishing you all great times.

Maxwell likes this.
  8. Jdmac_lb

Jdmac_lb Novice

Welcome. I am sure Alvin will not disappoint in the adventures. Wishing you all great times.

Maxwell likes this.
  9. Maxwell

Maxwell Newbie

Sounds great! I booked 2 nights there in July. Thanks for the recommendation. My son and I are going to have a little guys trip up there.

Thank you all for the welcome.

M&L likes this.