2NA CAN set up is coming along nicely...

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by 1Door, Apr 5, 2013.

1. 1Door

1Door Novice

Here are a few photos of how 2NA CAN is coming together! The REI Alcove works great with the sidewall attached. The Bodum knife rack works great and the soft-sided coolers are really nice for the cookware and dishes while in transit. The 500 models don't have the extra windows over your head, but the wood paneling is beautiful, comforting and warm. Lastly, a photo of Alan on our way home from Tomoka State Park in Ormond Beach, Florida.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Susan and Alan

2. skissinger

skissinger Ranger Donating Member

Lovely! I like the dragonfly pot holder, too.

I may also steal your soft-sided coolers idea.

3. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Susan_Alan nice set up what type of canopy is that. :)

4. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Susan_Alan,

Thanks for sharing. I love the idea of the soft sided coolers for storing dishes. I have two sidewalls for the Alcove. Came in handy during my winter camping experience. I have not gotten up the nerve yet to drill holes in my camper but need to start getting my galley organized.

Joan

5. 1Door

1Door Novice

Hi Anna and Steve,
    The canopy is the REI ALCOVE. It is 10x10 and can fit either direction over the teardrop. The bungee cord feature was from another post on our forum to keep it from sagging in heavy rain or from the weight of an inch or two of snow.
    Susan and Alan

Joan....
    You need to get to work and drill some holes in your camper!!! A bottle opener on the fender and something to hang a few pots on!!!
    Susan and Alan

6. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

I hear you Joan - it took me quite a while to get the nerve to drill the holes for the paper towel holder :eek:

7. jfocallag

I was wondering about the placement of your knife rack and skillet. It looks like you don't have the stove.

My first adventure in drilling holes will probably be installing a paper towel holder. Somewhere in the forum is a posting about a holder that I will probably pick up on my way to CICO.

8. 1Door

1Door Novice

Hi Joan,
    We chose the 500 Special model because we did not want the gas stove, the sink, the water tanks or the windows over our head at night when we sleep. We purchased a Cadco/Broilking brand stainless steel stove top with 2 cast iron burners that is electric. We store it where you store your gas grill when traveling, but place it on the larger table when cooking. Our knives and skillets don't get in the way of the "cooler" space because when we travel we keep our cooler in the truck bed. Our arrangement is working great for us!
    Susan and Alan

9. jfocallag

Susan_Alan,

That's great that it is working for you.

The first time I looked at your pictures, I thought hmmm, that's interesting. I visited my camper yesterday and it dawned on me that you did not have the stainless steel 'back splash'. I thought, ok, that is why they can hang the knife rack and skillet there.

I do have the stove, so not an option for me.

10. Evan

Evan Administrator Donating Member

Joan, bring your trailer on down - I'll drill it full of holes for you. :)

11. jfocallag

I think it is up and I've seen how you have drilled holes in your CI. Not sure I am ready for that. As I mentioned, if you are going to be at CICO, I will probably be looking for volunteers to install my paper holder.

12. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

If anyone finds this paper towel holder, buy an extra and I'll pay your for it. Seriously.

Paper Towel Holder

13. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I second that!