#25 Says Hi From Texas!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by PeterTX, Aug 19, 2024.

1. PeterTX

PeterTX Newbie

Greetings y'all! ;)

My name's Peter Scherer, grew up in ND and moved here to Texas in 2014, bringing with the family teardrop. My dad bought this Model 550 in 2003 after seeing CampInn's booth at the Back to the 50's car show in Minneapolis, MN in June of 2003. Due to the classical styling and having previously owned Airstreams, the stars aligned and an order was placed.

It was completed on Sept 27th, 2003 and is an Ultra Model with almost every option including AC and Furnace. Total price was $13,741.38 (those were the days eh?).

Used often as a camper for my dad, brother, and myself on guy's trips, it is still in factory-fresh condition and ready to hit the road some more.

I figured I'd introduce myself since I plan to create a separate thread here for documenting my travels over the coming years. I'm leaving next week for the Labor Day holiday, going up to Mt Pleasant Steam Threshers Reunion in Iowa, making a lot of stops along the way at museums and campgrounds.

~Peter

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Thanks for the update, Peter
    and looking forward to more!

Sweet GTI tow vehicle, classy combo in silver!

-Fellow NDak boy and VW owner
    (2017 Alltrack S with a couple mods for towing).

dustinp and PeterTX like this.
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

So cool!!!!!

Any idea how many (s)miles it has on it?

Kevin likes this.
  4. PeterTX

PeterTX Newbie

If I had to guess, a little over 4,000mi . Mostly from 2003-2009. Once us kids got into college it wasn't a practical for more than 2 people, so we namely used larger RVs for vacations since then.

Kevin likes this.
  5. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Love your TV, and really love your storage building!
    Did you lose your baby moons?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
    Kevin likes this.
  6. PeterTX

PeterTX Newbie

No, they're off because I'm replacing the factory (21yr old) tires with new ones this week. Just had the wheels off the other day checking bearings and figured no sense in re-installing for just a few days.

Kevin and dustinp like this.
  7. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

Welcome to the forum. That’s a classy looking combo.

Kevin and PeterTX like this.
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Its great to know you're taking good care of her :) I'm due to do my bearings, maybe next weekend. This one is is a gathering near Terra Haute Indiana...y'all are welcome here :)

Kevin and PeterTX like this.