2023 Ford T250 9-passenger Conversion Van

Discussion in 'Towing & Tow Vehicles' started by Tour 931, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I ordered a new 9 passenger Explorer Limited SE conversion van today. It’s AWD and while I didn’t order it as a TV it will easily tow my CI. It has the factory hitch, 7 way plug with built in braking controller. I would have it in about a month.

2. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

I ordered a new Ram Big Horn and it’s 12 to 15 weeks out.

Kevin and Tour 931 like this.
  3. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Having gone from a Subaru Outback to a Subaru Ascent, I can say that it is a lot nice towing with a vehicle designed to tow heavier loads. I often felt like I was pushing my outback a bit too hard going up mountains and braking - not so with a larger low vehicle.

Kevin likes this.
  4. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I thought about getting an Ascent for the same reasons. I rode in one while in Georgia and liked it. I decided on the Transit because it hauls nine in comfort. It’s the same size as the twelve passenger yet with fewer seats every one has more room. It’s actually almost a limousine.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Ranger

Nice....

I'm looking...I'm still learning towards a promaster even though I don't like euro-cars. I am worried about their longevity, whatever I buy will be dedicated to travel and hardware store runs, and needs to last me until I die :) --- Hopefully many years

6. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

I want a passenger van for group outings. It only has to last me ten years.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Ben

Ben Ranger Donating Member

Sounds like it will be a comfy ride! I'm sure it will tow the teardrop without any issue. I wonder how hard it would be to remove the seats if/when you go on a long trip and use that space for camping gear?

8. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Sounds like fun!
    I hope you got the nine person hot tub option on the CampInn...
    Me, I'm envious of new TV- self noodling on "how many watts can a guy mount on rooftop solar, how many heated lithium batteries in the rolling party bus?"
    "Where to mount the electric latte maker"
    Etc

9. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It’s so big I doubt removing the seats would be necessary. If I do need to remove them the single seats come right out. The bench seat in the back has motors that lower it into a bed.

Kevin likes this.
  10. Tour 931

Tour 931 Ranger

It comes with a built in inverter. I’m keeping my Subaru for camping so the van won’t be pulling it except for cross country trips were it will only be used for cooking.

dustinp and Kevin like this.