SOLD 2016 550 Ultra, Tucson, Az

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Michael Obst, May 2, 2019.

1. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

55o Ultra purchased new in August 2016. Picked up at factory and driven back to Tucson on 6500 mile road trip though NW. Put in covered storage since then. Stored in dry Arizona climate since new.
    As new condition today.

Options include:

AGM Battery Upgrade
    SUV Off-Road Package
    Internal Battery Isolator
    Electric Brakes, w/Park
    Backup/Flood Lights
    Alcan Cover
    Spare Tire
    Door Screens Pr

New battery.

Camp-Inn list price today: $21,249
    My price: $16,600 (22% discount)

Pick up or I will help you arrange shipping with trusted carrier.

Attached Files:

2. Joons

Joons Newbie

I am very interested
    Please text me at 646 247 5310
    It is New York number but live in Redlands, CA.
    just 4 hrs away from you.
    texting is best please.

Good night.

3. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Air Conditioning?

4. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

No A/C but a ceiling fan and window screens which have kept us comfortable camping in the Arizona desert.

5. rico_mack

rico_mack Newbie

michael - i live in the tucson area and would be interested in seeing the 550.

6. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

We're in Page, AZ on our way back to Tucson. We'll be back by tomorrow afternoon. It's in storage in Marana and you could see it Sunday or Monday. If you give me your cell I could text you.

7. rico_mack

rico_mack Newbie

michael,

timing won't be good for this weekend. looking at a 13ft scamp this weekend, maybe next weekend(?). to be honest with you, i'm not sure how serious i am about teardrops. love the idea and love the camp-inns, i.e. more so than the t@gs. but i'm worried teardrops might be a bit small for my wife and dog. so this might be a waste of time for you and great opportunity for me to actually see a camp-inn 550. in any event let me know if you are interested in showing it with the understanding that i'm just starting my search.
    thx,
    rick

8. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

Hi Rick,

I am also in Tucson, and I have a 2017 560 Ultra, if you would like to take a look at it. It will give me an incentive to get it ready for our upcoming trip, lol. We thought very seriously about the scamp, but decided to go with the Ultra instead. I've been inside a Scamp, and of course our 560, and I see pros and cons for both. We bought ours used, so we don't get any incentives from Camp Inn to show you our camper, but I would have loved to have a chance to get into one locally before I drove to Redlands to buy ours. Let me know if you want to take a look.

Sarah

9. rico_mack

rico_mack Newbie

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your kind offer. Yes I would love to see your 560. I will send a PM with contact info.

Rick

10. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

Rick, I just sent you a P/M. let me know if you go it. I'm new at this forum stuff. Mike

11. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your note.
    Thank you for being forthcoming with info about your search and requirements. I would be happy to show the 550 to you if it weren't for the fact that we are leaving the state tomorrow and won't return until November 1.
    I think you are on the right track in checking out Sara's 560 as that is the model I think would suit your needs best, i.e you and your wife along with your dog.
    I can attest to that as we actually have the 550 for sale because we just took delivery of a new 560 Ultra.
    We bought it from the factory and had it shipped to us in Oro Valley. It has a sofa that converts into bunk beds which would be perfect for your dog to sleep in.
    I have visited the Camp-Inn plant in Necedah, Wisconsin and know the designers/owners personally.
    My strong suggestion is to pursue inspection and hopefully purchase of the 560 Ultra. Forget the Scamp. We went down that road also in our search. There is no comparison in my view.
    If you share your contact info or would like my cell number, I would be pleased to speak with you about your search. I would also encourage to to speak to the owner of the company to get the low down on his extensive design experience ( he is an aeronautical engineer and his partner is an electrical engineer both of whom are the personification of customer service. Very friendly and happy to speak with you.

sarmay likes this.
  12. sarmay

sarmay Junior Ranger

I annoyed Cary for a couple of months while I was hemming and hawing over our decision. We were just about to place an order when a used-one-time 560 Ultra with most of what we wanted suddenly came up for sale in Redlands, CA. If it had been any further away, we would have gone with the new camper as planned. I hope Cary will forgive me someday. ;)

13. jeb

jeb Newbie

14. jeb

jeb Newbie

Do you still have the 550? If so do you have pictures?

15. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

Yes. I am in San Diego returning to Tucson Tuesday, July 9. I'll send some pics then.

16. rico_mack

rico_mack Newbie

hi michael - i sent you a pm a while back with my contact info. i would still like to discuss your reasons/logic for choosing a camp-inn over other models and the upgrade from the 550 to the 560. if you don't see my message in your pm box canyou let me know via this thread. thx rick

17. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

I just posted some photos of my like new 550 Ultra. The dirty outer shell is the result of being stored in covered parking in the desert of Arizona where we have occasional dust storms. A good wash will bring it back to new condition.

18. Glenn S

Glenn S Newbie

Is your 550 still for sale? If so current price? Thanks.

19. Michael Obst

Michael Obst Newbie

Yes. The “Amazon Prime Day” price is as advertised.

20. dan and jas

dan and jas Newbie

hey, Michael. Is the 550 Ultra still for sale???
    thanks,
    Daniel Moyer
    d.moyer@att.net