SOLD 2009 Camp Inn 560

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Bob Goettle, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Bob Goettle

Bob Goettle Newbie

2009 Camp Inn 560

The good:
    Well, if you’re looking for a trailer and you’ve found Camp Inn, then you already know a lot about what sets them apart from others. It’s a gem - cleverly, thoughtfully, and beautifully crafted. We have really enjoyed our time in it. All systems work well. We are selling it because we don’t use it much anymore, and we bought a vacation house and plan to go there instead.

Ours has:

15” HD TV/DVD payer - new ones don’t have that option anymore

Air conditioner - just tested and works great!

Fantastic fan - lives up to its name - keeps the interior fresh and cool

Propane-fueled heater/thermostat

Queen bed with an additional queen memory foam pad if you want it

Couch that flips up to make bunk beds for little campers

Drink holders - one of our favorite features - you don’t think about it, but when your hanging out inside, it is awesome to have a place to put your drink and not worry about spilling it.

Storage compartments over the bed, under the bed, and behind the couch

Interior and exterior AC and DC outlets

Voltmeter

Battery tender - monitors the battery and keeps it charged - very useful because if you store it between trips, disconnecting the battery is doable but a bit of a chore

Full door screens

Electric brakes

Alcan cover - rock guard

Leveling jacks

Kitchen
    Cooler
    Cooler table
    Dining table
    2-burner stove
    sink
    utensil drawer
    8 gallon fresh/gray water tanks
    lots of storage space
    hookups and hoses for water and propane
    Male/female 240V adapters
    Hatch Light - either white or red (red keeps the bugs away)

We have a lot of kitchen supplies that you are welcome to if you want them

Spare tire

Side Tent - very handy option!

Chrome rear bumper

Outdoor cover

Clean title

The bad:
    It’s a Camp Inn Raindrop 560 - nothing bad about ‘em!

The ugly:
    There is significant water damage. See the photos. It says in the owner’s manual to never store without a cover. We even own a cover, but somehow I thought that because it is made for the outdoors it would be safe to park on our driveway without the cover. Grrrr, read the manual!! I’m kicking myself for not paying better attention, because it really is a gem and it hurts to see it scarred. We have been storing it indoors for the last four years to prevent further damage. We want to sell it, of course, but I want to make sure you know exactly what you are getting. Our asking price reflects its value minus the cost if you send it to Camp Inn for repair. Cary at Camp Inn is confident that they can restore it for about $4000. If you want it and want Camp Inn to make repairs, I am willing to get it to Wisconsin for you. Between Camp Inn and you and me, we can figure that out.

As it is it is completely usable. I would recommend replacing the door at a minimum. Cost for a new one is about $400 including shipping. I cut out a new one to install myself, and test fit the aluminum skin, widows, door handles - everything fits to a tee. You are welcome to it. Cary recommends sending the old door back and having them make a new one because putting on the metal stripping on the door edge is impossible without their special tool. I’m pretty handy but I couldn’t manage it.

The kitchen hatch doesn’t seat properly - this is the cause of the water damage to the kitchen. That damage is superficial. The hatch never did seat when we bought it (2nd owner) in 2010, but we didn’t understand any of this stuff back then. Cary says they can send a replacement kitchen hatch, and that it isn’t that hard to install yourself. Cost for a new one is about $1200 including shipping.

Ideally the entire passenger-side wall should be replaced. The mold is below the urethane coating and so poses no health risk. But the wood is soft in places. Per Cary, you can prevent further damage by removing the vinyl weather strip on the roof, drilling holes about every inch, and pumping in sealant. If you want a usable Camp Inn at a lower cost, or if you’re handy and want a project for yourself, then this is a good fit.

We are asking $8000 - we are setting the price to reflect the value of the trailer minus the cost of repairs if you have Camp Inn do it.

This camper is in Seattle. Feel free to call or send an email. We know that it is a big investment, and that interested parties need to have thorough understanding of what you’re buying, so we will continue to be as forthright and transparent as we can.

Bob
    (206) 372-8400
    bobgoettle@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

2. Gary & Janine

Gary & Janine Novice

Hi Bob, sent you a text a bit ago. I’m in Auburn and would like to take a look at your trailer. Thanks! ~Gary

3. Gary & Janine

Gary & Janine Novice

FYI all, Bob sold this one last night. I was under the impression that I had an appt to have a look at it today but I guess not. Much luck to the new owners, enjoy your beautiful trailer.

4. Bob Goettle

Bob Goettle Newbie

Sure, that's one way to put it. Another way to put it is that it has been available to anyone who wanted to make an offer on it at any time, and that we are interested in selling it and made no promises to anyone to hold it.

5. Marshall

Marshall Newbie

Just an update for you Camp-Inn aficionados that Bob's trailer has arrived at its new and grateful Montana home. It's lovely. Highly recommend uShip.com as a transport solution for anybody who finds a Camp-Inn somewhere far from home.

LisaNKevin and Gary & Janine like this.