SOLD 2009 Camp-inn 550 For Sale On Ebay

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by Philip Adams, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Philip Adams

Philip Adams Newbie

Josh Campbell likes this.
  2. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Is anyone familiar with this one? Is it a base, classic, etc? Any gotchas on a 2009 I should look for. Looks nice, but I'm not local so would be buying unseen. Click on relist to see photos. Expires soon, so appreciate advice.

3. Philip Adams

Philip Adams Newbie

It is a Classic. It is in excellent condition. We purchased an Airstream Sport, so our little teardrop, which has been outstanding, needs to find a new home.

4. Gabby12605

Gabby12605 Newbie

It is marked "SOLD" on Ebay. You might want to update the site.

I was following this on Ebay. Did it sell and the buyer walked?

5. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Sounds like buyer walked

6. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

Lets talk tomorrow evening before I place bid.

7. Philip Adams

Philip Adams Newbie

8. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I won the auction this time and will pick it up Saturday!!! :) Looking forward to my first Camp Inn!

9. Van_and_Terri

Van_and_Terri Ranger

Congratulations! I think you got a great Teardrop at a very fair price. Now the fun begins!

Brian & Lucy likes this.
  10. Philip Adams

Philip Adams Newbie

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have! As my wife says "It's just a beautifully designed thing."

11. Brian & Lucy

Brian & Lucy Novice

I'm counting on it! Was an easy tow home! I think you can officially change the status to SOLD! You may have two posts...I'm glad the first guy bailed!!! :)

12. Betsey

Betsey Camp-Inn Staff

FYI...A fraudulent ad for Phil's teardrop appeared on RV Trader last week. The seller, supposedly from Illinois, had listed it with Phil's photos, for $2,500. Because it was "too good to be true," I heard from several people questioning the ad's validity. After recognizing it from the photos as Phils, I emailed RV Trader and they pulled the ad.

A friend on Facebook, who had emailed the "seller," received a reply 5 hours after the ad was pulled. He claimed he was in the military and was going to Afghanistan for a year and didn't want to have to pay insurance & storage fees because it wasn't worth the cost. lol

Lesson: If you find a Camp-Inn for sale, please, get a VIN # and call so we can check out that it is a legitimate sale. It is possible that the "seller" chose to use a smaller venue to list the "sale," figuring no one would check it. And he/she either had no clue what that teardrop was worth or thought he/she would get a sure sale because it was priced so low.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016